Our unique analysis of the bills Maguire sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Maguire is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Some of Maguire’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 8125 (96th): Agency Accountability Act of 1980
- H.Con.Res. 415 (96th): A concurrent resolution to express the sense of the Congress that the ...
- H.Res. 735 (96th): A resolution relating to the United Nations Mid-Decade Conference for Women.
- H.R. 7311 (96th): A bill to amend the Communications Act of 1934 to provide that ...
- H.R. 7049 (96th): Small Business Capital Formation, Capital Retention and Expansion Act of 1980
- H.R. 7024 (96th): Small Business Capital Formation, Capital Retention, and Expansion Act of 1980
- H.R. 6919 (96th): A bill to rescind certain appropriations provided for the purchase of furniture ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1975 to Dec 1980, Maguire missed 282 of 4,077 roll call votes, which is 6.9%. This is better than the median of 7.8% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 1980. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills