Our unique analysis of the bills Davis sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 2013. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Davis is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Davis was the primary sponsor of 4 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 2883 (112th): Child and Family Services Improvement and Innovation Act
- H.R. 2943 (112th): Short-Term TANF Extension Act
- H.R. 2790 (112th): Child and Family Services Extension and Enhancement Act
- H.R. 6902 (110th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 513 6th Avenue in Dayton, Kentucky, as the “Staff Sergeant Nicholas Ray Carnes Post Office”.
We consider a bill enacted if it is enacted or if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted, as determined by an automated text analysis.
Davis sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Foreign Trade and International Finance (20%) Government Operations and Politics (17%) Taxation (17%) Armed Forces and National Security (14%) Social Welfare (14%) Education (6%) Health (6%) Finance and Financial Sector (6%)
Some of Davis’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5839 (112th): Disaster Savings and Resilient Construction Act of 2012
- H.R. 5722 (112th): To suspend temporarily the duty on strontium europium halophosphate for use in ...
- H.R. 5724 (112th): To suspend temporarily the duty on on Barium magnesium aluminum oxide for ...
- H.R. 5725 (112th): To suspend temporarily the duty on Calcium chloride phosphate activated by manganese ...
- H.R. 5726 (112th): To suspend temporarily the duty on Lanthanum phosphate for use in the ...
- H.R. 5723 (112th): To suspend temporarily the duty on Yttrium europium oxide for use in ...
- H.R. 4845 (112th): To suspend temporarily the duty on TFM.
View All » (including bills from previous years)
|Davis’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 5972 (112th): Transportation, Housing and Urban Development, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2013
Jun 29, 2012. Passed 261/163.
S. 365 (112th): Budget Control Act of 2011
Aug 1, 2011. Passed 269/161.
The Budget Control Act of 2011 (Pub.L. 112–25, S. 365, 125 Stat. 240, enacted August 2, 2011) is a federal statute in the United States that was signed into law by President Barack Obama on August 2, 2011. The Act brought conclusion to the United ...
H.R. 1249 (112th): Leahy-Smith America Invents Act
Jun 23, 2011. Passed 304/117.
The Leahy–Smith America Invents Act (AIA) is a United States federal statute that was passed by Congress and was signed into law by President Barack Obama on September 16, 2011. The law represents the most significant change to the U.S. patent system since 1952, and ...
S. 3729 (111th): National Aeronautics and Space Administration Authorization Act of 2010
Sep 29, 2010. Passed 304/118.
H.R. 31 (111th): Lumbee Recognition Act
Jun 3, 2009. Passed 240/179.
H.R. 2638 (110th): Consolidated Security, Disaster Assistance, and Continuing Appropriations Act, 2009
Sep 24, 2008. Passed 370/58.
H.Res. 801 (110th): Providing for consideration of the bill (H.R. 3688) to implement the United States-Peru Trade Promotion Agreement.
Nov 7, 2007. Passed 349/55.
H.R. 1830 (110th): To extend the authorities of the Andean Trade Preference Act until February 29, 2008.
Jun 27, 2007. Passed 365/59.
From Jan 2005 to Jul 2012, Davis missed 210 of 6,231 roll call votes, which is 3.4%. This is on par with the median of 2.6% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Jul 2012. ProPublica has tracked 135 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: