Allen is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the Senate in 2006 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Allen sponsored and cosponsored. See full analysis methodology.
Allen was the primary sponsor of 6 bills that were enacted:
- S. 2690 (109th): A bill to designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 8801 Sudley Road in Manassas, Virginia, as the “Harry J. Parrish Post Office”.
- S. 3684 (109th): A bill to study and promote the use of energy efficient computer servers in the United States.
- S. 150 (108th): Internet Tax Nondiscrimination Act
- S. 2092 (108th): A bill to address the participation of Taiwan in the World Health Organization.
- S. 481 (108th): A bill to amend chapter 84 of title 5, United States Code, to provide that certain Federal annuity computations are adjusted by 1 percentage point relating to ...
- S. 243 (108th): A bill concerning participation of Taiwan in the World Health Organization.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Allen sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Government Operations and Politics (21%) Foreign Trade and International Finance (15%) Law (13%) Economics and Public Finance (12%) Science, Technology, Communications (12%) Commerce (10%) Labor and Employment (9%) Taxation (8%)
Some of Allen’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 4057 (109th): National Park Second Amendment Restoration and Personal Protection Act of 2006
- S. 4006 (109th): Imagery, Mapping, and Geospatial Enhancement Act of 2006
- S.Res. 593 (109th): A resolution supporting the goals and ideals of National Children and Families ...
- S. 4045 (109th): A bill to designate the United States courthouse located at the intersections ...
- S. 3970 (109th): A bill to amend the Energy Policy Act of 2005 to direct ...
- S. 3976 (109th): Pigford Claims Remedy Act of 2006
- S. 3878 (109th): A bill to provide compensation for United States citizens taken hostage by ...
From Jan 2001 to Dec 2006, Allen missed 9 of 1,953 roll call votes, which is 0.5%. This is better than the median of 2.0% among the lifetime records of senators serving in Dec 2006. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: