2015 Report CardRead our 2015 Report Card for Butterfield »
Our unique analysis of the bills Butterfield has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Butterfield is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
George “G.K.” Butterfield Jr. sits on the following committees:
Butterfield sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Armed Forces and National Security (21%) Government Operations and Politics (18%) Transportation and Public Works (18%) Foreign Trade and International Finance (11%) Health (11%) Civil Rights and Liberties, Minority Issues (7%) Agriculture and Food (7%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (7%)
Some of Butterfield’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 4400: Adding Zika Virus to the FDA Priority Review Voucher Program Act
- H.Con.Res. 93: Authorizing the use of Emancipation Hall in the Capitol Visitor Center for a ...
- H.R. 3937: To designate the building utilized as a United States courthouse located at 150 ...
- H.Con.Res. 83: Authorizing the use of Emancipation Hall in the Capitol Visitor Center for a ...
- H.R. 3322: To establish a Residence Star program, and for other purposes.
- H.R. 3034: To provide for the issuance of a commemorative postage stamp in honor of ...
- H.R. 2730: National Prostate Cancer Plan Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jul 2004 to May 2016, Butterfield missed 435 of 8,666 roll call votes, which is 5.0%. This is much worse than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 2 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: