Our unique analysis of the bills Butterfield has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Butterfield is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Butterfield for more statistics.
George “G.K.” Butterfield Jr. sits on the following committees:
Butterfield sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Armed Forces and National Security (19%) Transportation and Public Works (19%) Government Operations and Politics (15%) Foreign Trade and International Finance (12%) Health (12%) Sports and Recreation (8%) Agriculture and Food (8%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (8%)
Some of Butterfield’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Res. 766: Honoring in praise and remembrance the extraordinary life, accomplishments, and countless contributions of ...
- H.R. 4400: Adding Zika Virus to the FDA Priority Review Voucher Program Act
- H.Con.Res. 93: Authorizing the use of Emancipation Hall in the Capitol Visitor Center for a ...
- H.R. 3937: To designate the building utilized as a United States courthouse located at 150 ...
- H.Con.Res. 83: Authorizing the use of Emancipation Hall in the Capitol Visitor Center for a ...
- H.R. 3322: To establish a Residence Star program, and for other purposes.
- H.R. 3034: To provide for the issuance of a commemorative postage stamp in honor of ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jul 2004 to Jul 2016, Butterfield missed 449 of 8,876 roll call votes, which is 5.1%. This is much worse than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 2 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: