Our unique analysis of the bills Darden sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 1994. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Darden is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Some of Darden’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 4262 (103rd): To amend the Higher Education Act of 1965 to require that recipients ...
- H.R. 4131 (103rd): Family Unity Promotion Act of 1994
- H.R. 4130 (103rd): To require that all Federal recurring payments be paid by electronic funds ...
- H.R. 3060 (103rd): Electronic Funds Transfer Federal Salary Act
- H.R. 2373 (103rd): To authorize the payment of Servicemen’s Group Life Insurance in accordance with ...
- H.R. 502 (103rd): To prohibit the expenditure of Federal funds on metric system highway signing.
- H.R. 503 (103rd): To repeal the mandatory 20 percent income tax withholding on eligible rollover ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Nov 1983 to Nov 1994, Darden missed 97 of 5,245 roll call votes, which is 1.8%. This is better than the median of 3.4% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Nov 1994. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills