Our unique analysis of the bills Mitchell sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the Senate.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the Senate. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Mitchell is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Some of Mitchell’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S.Res. 294 (103rd): A resolution to commend the exemplary leadership of the Republican Leader.
- S.Res. 291 (103rd): A resolution tendering the thanks of the Senate to the Vice President ...
- S.Res. 292 (103rd): A resolution tendering the thanks of the Senate to the President pro ...
- S.Res. 290 (103rd): A resolution appointing a committee to notify the President concerning the proposed ...
- S.Res. 280 (103rd): A resolution extending the provisions of Senate Resolution 149 of the One ...
- S.Res. 281 (103rd): A resolution to authorize testimony by an employee of the Senate and ...
- S.Res. 282 (103rd): A resolution to direct the Senate Legal Counsel to represent the Office ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From May 1980 to Dec 1994, Mitchell missed 41 of 5,475 roll call votes, which is 0.7%. This is better than the median of 3.3% among the lifetime records of senators serving in Dec 1994. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills