Radanovich was the representative for California’s 19th congressional district and was a Republican. He served from 1995 to 2010.
Radanovich is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 2010 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Radanovich sponsored and cosponsored. See full analysis methodology.
Radanovich was the primary sponsor of 5 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 409 (109th): Sierra National Forest Land Exchange Act of 2006
- H.R. 353 (109th): To authorize the Secretary of the Interior to provide supplemental funding and other services that are necessary to assist certain local school districts in the State of ...
- H.R. 3401 (107th): California Five Mile Regional Learning Center Transfer Act
- H.R. 4020 (106th): Dillonwood Giant Sequoia Grove Park Expansion Act
- H.R. 5234 (106th): To amend the Hmong Veterans’ Naturalization Act of 2000 to extend the applicability of that Act to certain former spouses of deceased Hmong veterans.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Radanovich sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Water Resources Development (20%) Government Operations and Politics (15%) Economics and Public Finance (13%) Environmental Protection (13%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (13%) Agriculture and Food (10%) International Affairs (10%) Law (8%)
Some of Radanovich’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5405 (111th): To provide for a visitor center for visitors to Yosemite National Park, ...
- H.R. 856 (111th): California Drought Alleviation Act of 2009
- H.R. 437 (111th): Madera Water Supply Enhancement Act
- H.R. 438 (111th): Tuolumne Me-Wuk Land Transfer Act of 2009
- H.Res. 1474 (110th): Recognizing the 50th anniversary of the first vertical ascent of the face ...
- H.R. 6940 (110th): California Drought Alleviation Act of 2008
- H.R. 3490 (110th): Tuolumne Me-Wuk Land Transfer Act of 2008
|Radanovich’s Vote||Vote Description|
S. 3729 (111th): National Aeronautics and Space Administration Authorization Act of 2010
Sep 29, 2010. Passed 304/118.
H.Res. 1184 (111th): Congratulating the 2009-2010 University of Maryland Men’s Basketball Team, Greivis Vasquez, and Coach Gary Williams on an ...
Mar 17, 2010. Passed 279/132.
H.R. 1752 (111th): To provide that the usual day for paying salaries in or under the House of Representatives may ...
Jul 30, 2009. Failed 282/144.
H.Res. 1525 (110th): Providing for consideration of the Senate amendments to the bill (H.R. 1424) to amend section 712 of ...
Oct 3, 2008. Passed 223/205.
H.R. 1830 (110th): To extend the authorities of the Andean Trade Preference Act until February 29, 2008.
Jun 27, 2007. Passed 365/59.
From Jan 1995 to Dec 2010, Radanovich missed 1,057 of 10,703 roll call votes, which is 9.9%. This is much worse than the median of 3.1% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2010. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: