Our unique analysis of the bills Voinovich sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the Senate.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the Senate in 2010. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Voinovich is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Voinovich sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Foreign Trade and International Finance (28%) Government Operations and Politics (20%) Economics and Public Finance (16%) Commerce (8%) Law (8%) International Affairs (7%) Armed Forces and National Security (7%) Labor and Employment (7%)
Some of Voinovich’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 3983 (111th): A bill to authorize the State of Ohio to reprogram grant funds ...
- S. 3973 (111th): Diesel Emissions Reduction Act of 2010
- S. 16 (111th): Visa Waiver Program Expansion Act of 2010
- S. 3618 (111th): Enabling the Nuclear Renaissance Act
- S.Con.Res. 67 (111th): A concurrent resolution celebrating 130 years of United States-Romanian diplomatic relations, congratulating ...
- S. 3322 (111th): United States Nuclear Fuel Management Corporation Establishment Act of 2010
- S.Res. 483 (111th): A resolution congratulating the Republic of Serbia’s application for European Union membership ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1999 to Dec 2010, Voinovich missed 103 of 3,978 roll call votes, which is 2.6%. This is on par with the median of 2.0% among the lifetime records of senators serving in Dec 2010. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: