Read our 2019 Report Card for Connolly.
Connolly is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Connolly has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Sep 25, 2020. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Gerald Connolly sits on the following committees:
Connolly was the primary sponsor of 4 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 3243 (115th): FITARA Enhancement Act of 2017
- H.R. 1531 (114th): Land Management Workforce Flexibility Act
- H.R. 2827 (114th): Competitive Service Act of 2015
- H.R. 3096 (113th): To designate the building occupied by the Federal Bureau of Investigation located at 801 Follin Lane, Vienna, Virginia, as the “Michael D. Resnick Terrorist Screening Center”.
Does 4 not sound like a lot? Very few bills are ever enacted — most legislators sponsor only a handful that are signed into law. But there are other legislative activities that we don’t track that are also important, including offering amendments, committee work and oversight of the other branches, and constituent services.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Connolly sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Connolly’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 7864: Merit Systems Protection Board Empowerment Act of 2020
- H.R. 7865: National Commission on Renaming the J. Edgar Hoover FBI Headquarters Building Act of ...
- H.R. 7623: Passport Backlog Elimination Act
- H.R. 7448: Telework for U.S. Innovation Act
- H.R. 7385: To award a Congressional Gold Medal to Edwin Cole “Ed” Bearss, in recognition ...
- H.R. 7340: Chai Suthammanont Remembrance Act
- H.R. 7341: Federal Workforce Health and Safety During the Pandemic Act
From Jan 2009 to Sep 2020, Connolly missed 66 of 7,907 roll call votes, which is 0.8%. This is better than the median of 2.2% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: