Our unique analysis of the bills Weller sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 2008. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Weller is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Weller was the primary sponsor of 9 bills that were enacted. The most recent include:
- H.R. 6681 (110th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 300 Vine Street in New Lenox, Illinois, as the “Jacob M. Lowell Post Office Building”.
- H.R. 2825 (110th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 326 South Main Street in Princeton, Illinois, as the “Owen Lovejoy Princeton Post Office Building”.
- H.R. 5428 (109th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 202 East Washington Street in Morris, Illinois, as the “Joshua A. Terando Morris Post Office ...
- H.R. 2113 (109th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 2000 McDonough Street in Joliet, Illinois, as the “John F. Whiteside Joliet Post Office Building”.
- H.R. 3536 (108th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 210 Main Street in Malden, Illinois, as the “Army Staff Sgt. Lincoln Hollinsaid Malden Post ...
- H.R. 3538 (108th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 201 South Chicago Avenue in Saint Anne, Illinois, as the “Marine Capt. Ryan Beaupre Saint ...
- H.R. 3537 (108th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 185 State Street in Manhattan, Illinois, as the “Army Pvt. Shawn Pahnke Manhattan Post Office”.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Weller sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Weller’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6944 (110th): Midewin National Tallgrass Prairie Expansion Act of 2008
- H.R. 6681 (110th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at ...
- H.R. 5688 (110th): TARGET Act
- H.Res. 733 (110th): Recognizing the importance of improving the high school graduation rate of foster ...
- H.R. 3243 (110th): Poverty Measurement Improvement Act
- H.R. 3188 (110th): To eliminate the separate work participation rate requirements for 2-parent families under ...
- H.R. 2825 (110th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at ...
|Weller’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 2638 (110th): Consolidated Security, Disaster Assistance, and Continuing Appropriations Act, 2009
Sep 24, 2008. Passed 370/58.
H.Res. 1284 (110th): Providing for consideration of the Senate amendments to the House amendments to the Senate amendment to the ...
Jun 19, 2008. Passed 342/83.
H.Res. 801 (110th): Providing for consideration of the bill (H.R. 3688) to implement the United States-Peru Trade Promotion Agreement.
Nov 7, 2007. Passed 349/55.
H.R. 3246 (110th): Regional Economic and Infrastructure Development Act of 2007
Oct 4, 2007. Passed 264/154.
H.R. 1830 (110th): To extend the authorities of the Andean Trade Preference Act until February 29, 2008.
Jun 27, 2007. Passed 365/59.
From Jan 1995 to Dec 2008, Weller missed 427 of 9,048 roll call votes, which is 4.7%. This is worse than the median of 3.1% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2008. ProPublica has tracked 197 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: