Our unique analysis of the bills Gutknecht sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 2006. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Gutknecht is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Gutknecht was the primary sponsor of 1 bill that was enacted:
- H.R. 3068 (104th): To accept the request of the Prairie Island Indian Community to revoke their charter of incorporation issued under the Indian Reorganization Act.
We consider a bill enacted if it is enacted or if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted, as determined by an automated text analysis.
Gutknecht sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Government Operations and Politics (23%) Economics and Public Finance (14%) Commerce (12%) Health (12%) Law (12%) Environmental Protection (9%) Science, Technology, Communications (9%) Labor and Employment (9%)
Some of Gutknecht’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Con.Res. 503 (109th): Providing for the sine die adjournment of the second session of the ...
- H.Res. 1107 (109th): Providing for the printing of a revised edition of the Rules and ...
- H.R. 6261 (109th): Mercury Reclamation Act of 2006
- H.R. 5832 (109th): National Institute of Food and Agriculture Act of 2006
- H.R. 4357 (109th): 10 by 10 Act
- H.R. 3687 (109th): To authorize appropriations for grants for specialized technical assistance and training to ...
- H.J.Res. 61 (109th): Supporting the goals and ideals of Gold Star Mothers Day.
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1995 to Dec 2006, Gutknecht missed 123 of 7,172 roll call votes, which is 1.7%. This is better than the median of 2.9% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2006. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: