Our unique analysis of the bills Spellman sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into her position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 1980. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Spellman is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Some of Spellman’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 7958 (96th): A bill to amend title 5, United States Code, to allow for ...
- H.R. 7792 (96th): A bill to amend title 5 United States Code, to provide for ...
- H.R. 7752 (96th): A bill to amend the Merchant Marine Act, 1936, to allow both ...
- H.R. 7751 (96th): A bill to protect retired and disabled persons by preserving the integrity ...
- H.R. 7666 (96th): Federal Employees’ Group Life Insurance Act of 1980
- H.R. 7492 (96th): A bill to amend section 8337(a) of title 5, United States Code, ...
- H.R. 6901 (96th): A bill to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1954 to deny ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1975 to Dec 1980, Spellman missed 443 of 4,089 roll call votes, which is 10.8%. This is on par with the median of 8.6% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 1980. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills