Our unique analysis of the bills Anderson sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 1992. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Anderson is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Anderson was the primary sponsor of 53 bills that were enacted. The most recent include:
- H.R. 5708 (101st): To authorize acquisition of certain real property for the Library of Congress, and for other purposes.
- H.R. 2032 (100th): A bill to authorize the conveyance of the Liberty ship PROTECTOR.
- H.R. 3734 (100th): A bill to recognize the significance of the administration of the Federal-Aid Highway System and to express appreciation to Ray A. Barnhart for his dedicated efforts in ...
- H.R. 2893 (100th): A bill to reauthorize the Fishermen’s Protective Act.
- H.R. 2 (100th): Surface Transportation and Uniform Relocation Assistance Act of 1987
- H.J.Res. 445 (99th): A joint resolution to designate the week of January 26, 1986, to February 1, 1986, as “Truck and Bus Safety Week”.
- H.R. 437 (98th): A bill for the relief of Patrick Starkie.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Anderson sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Environmental Protection (21%) Transportation and Public Works (21%) Government Operations and Politics (17%) Economics and Public Finance (13%) Foreign Trade and International Finance (9%) International Affairs (8%) Armed Forces and National Security (6%) Emergency Management (6%)
Some of Anderson’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5937 (102nd): Ballona Wetlands Restoration Act of 1992
- H.J.Res. 461 (102nd): Designating January 8, 1993, as “Elvis Presley Day”.
- H.R. 3036 (102nd): To direct the Secretary of Transportation to convey certain vessels to Assistance, ...
- H.R. 2095 (102nd): Federal Recycling Incentive Act
- H.R. 1918 (102nd): World War I Veterans’ Service Pension Act
- H.R. 1317 (102nd): To restrict United States economic and military assistance to Jordan.
- H.Res. 96 (102nd): To provide a comprehensive recycling program for the House of Representatives.
From Jan 1969 to Oct 1992, Anderson missed 604 of 11,642 roll call votes, which is 5.2%. This is on par with the median of 4.4% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Oct 1992. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- GPO.gov/FDSys, for sponsored bills