Our unique analysis of the bills Davis sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 1974. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Davis is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Davis sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Davis’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 12780 (93rd): A bill to amend the act which created the United States Olympic ...
- H.R. 11859 (93rd): A bill to amend the act which created the U.S. Olympic Committee ...
- H.R. 8121 (93rd): A bill to amend the Federal Trade Commission Act (15 U.S.C. 45) ...
- H.R. 8122 (93rd): A bill to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1954 to provide ...
- H.R. 6504 (93rd): A bill to amend the Federal Trade Commission Act (15 U.S.C. 45) ...
- H.R. 4922 (93rd): A bill to provide for the duty-free entry of animal glue valued ...
- H.J.Res. 249 (93rd): Joint resolution proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the United States ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From May 1947 to Dec 1974, Davis missed 250 of 3,921 roll call votes, which is 6.4%. This is better than the median of 9.7% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 1974. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- GPO.gov/FDSys, for sponsored bills