Our unique analysis of the bills English sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 1994. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). English is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Some of English’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.J.Res. 277 (103rd): Proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the United States to limit ...
- H.R. 2374 (103rd): To amend the Commodity Exchange Act to ensure the continued application of ...
- H.R. 1440 (103rd): Site-Specific Agricultural Resource Management Act of 1993
- H.R. 767 (103rd): Solid Waste Disposal Relief Act of 1993
- H.R. 766 (103rd): To prohibit the transportation, treatment, storage, or disposal of hazardous waste outside ...
- H.R. 768 (103rd): To amend the Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act of 1980 ...
- H.R. 653 (103rd): Watermelon Research and Promotion Improvement Act of 1993
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1975 to Nov 1993, English missed 258 of 10,067 roll call votes, which is 2.6%. This is on par with the median of 3.4% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Nov 1993. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills