Read our 2016 Report Card for Grothman.
Our unique analysis of the bills Grothman has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Grothman is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Glenn Grothman sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform
- House Committee on the Budget
- House Committee on Education and the Workforce
Grothman was the primary sponsor of 1 bill that was enacted:
- H.R. 3507 (114th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 99 West 2nd Street in Fond du Lac, Wisconsin, as the “Lieutenant Colonel James ‘Maggie’ ...
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Grothman sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Grothman’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 1760: To amend the Food and Nutrition Act of 2008 to eliminate the authority ...
- H.R. 1471: To suspend assistance to countries denying or delaying accepting aliens ordered removed from ...
- H.R. 751: To authorize the President to award the Medal of Honor to James Megellas, ...
- H.R. 6252 (114th): Ending Sanctuary Cities Act of 2016
- H.R. 6171 (114th): To amend the Food and Nutrition Act of 2008 to eliminate the ...
- H.Res. 673 (114th): Expressing the sense of the House of Representatives that the Internal Revenue ...
- H.Res. 497 (114th): Congratulating Army Reserve Major Lisa Jaster on her graduation from the Army ...
|Grothman’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 5602: To amend title 31, United States Code, to authorize the Secretary of the Treasury to include all funds when issuing certain geographic targeting orders, and for ...
Jul 11, 2016. Passed 356/47.
S. 1252: Global Food Security Act of 2016
Jul 6, 2016. Passed 369/53.
The Global Food Security Act of 2016 (Pub.L. 114–195), is a law introduced on March 24, 2015 in the 114th Congress by Representative Christopher Henry "Chris" Smith (New Jersey-R) and on May 7, 2015 by Senator Robert Patrick "Bob" Casey Jr. (Pennsylvania-D), and signed by ...
H.R. 3038: Highway and Transportation Funding Act of 2015, Part II
Jul 15, 2015. Passed 312/119.
H.R. 2146: Defending Public Safety Employees’ Retirement Act
Jun 18, 2015. Passed 218/208.
This vote made H.R. 2146 the vehicle for passage of Trade Promotion Authority (TPA) for the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade deal currently being negotiated. H.R. 2146 was originally introduced as a bill to address issues with retirement funds of federal law enforcement officers and firefighters. ...
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed 338/88.
The USA Freedom Act (H.R. 2048, Pub.L. 114–23) is a U.S. law enacted on June 2, 2015 that restored in modified form several provisions of the Patriot Act, which had expired the day before. The act imposes some new limits on the bulk collection of ...
From Jan 2015 to May 2017, Grothman missed 22 of 1,595 roll call votes, which is 1.4%. This is better than the median of 2.2% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: