Grothman is the representative for Wisconsin’s 6th congressional district (view map) and is a Republican. He has served since Jan 6, 2015. Grothman is next up for reelection in 2022 and serves until Jan 3, 2023.
Read our 2020 Report Card for Grothman.
Grothman is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Grothman has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 3, 2017 to Mar 3, 2021. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Glenn Grothman sits on the following committees:
Grothman was the primary sponsor of 1 bill that was enacted:
- H.R. 3507 (114th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 99 West 2nd Street in Fond du Lac, Wisconsin, as the “Lieutenant Colonel James ‘Maggie’ ...
Does 1 not sound like a lot? Very few bills are ever enacted — most legislators sponsor only a handful that are signed into law. But there are other legislative activities that we don’t track that are also important, including offering amendments, committee work and oversight of the other branches, and constituent services.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Grothman sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Grothman’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 1297: To provide redress to the employees of Air America.
- H.R. 1233: To authorize the President to award the Medal of Honor to James Megellas, ...
- H.Res. 116: Recognizing the benefits of vitamin D intake for preventing respiratory infection and COVID-19 ...
- H.R. 756: To restrict certain Federal assistance benefits to individuals verified to be citizens of ...
- H.R. 8801 (116th): Air America Act of 2020
- H.R. 8341 (116th): Workplace Choice and Flexibility for Individuals with Disabilities Act
- H.R. 8190 (116th): Biosimilar Insulin Access Act of 2020
From Jan 2015 to Mar 2021, Grothman missed 78 of 3,551 roll call votes, which is 2.2%. This is on par with the median of 2.0% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: