Read our 2017 Report Card for Grothman.
Grothman is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Grothman has sponsored and cosponsored. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Glenn Grothman sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform
- House Committee on the Budget
- House Committee on Education and the Workforce
Grothman was the primary sponsor of 1 bill that was enacted:
- H.R. 3507 (114th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 99 West 2nd Street in Fond du Lac, Wisconsin, as the “Lieutenant Colonel James ‘Maggie’ ...
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Grothman sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Grothman’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6811: Age Discrimination in Employment Parity Act of 2018
- H.R. 6812: Employee Business Expense Deduction Reinstatement Act of 2018
- H.Res. 1056: Recognizing the celebration of the Hmong New Year in 2018.
- H.R. 6057: To amend the Controlled Substances Act to provide for enhanced penalties for trafficking ...
- H.R. 5891: Improving the Federal Response to Families Impacted by Substance Use Disorder Act
- H.R. 5870: OSHA Employer Notification Act
- H.R. 5658: Workplace Choice and Flexibility for Individuals with Disabilities Act
|Grothman’s Vote||Vote Description|
S. 1182: The American Legion 100th Anniversary Commemorative Coin Act
Jul 25, 2018. Passed 366/52.
The House Amendment to S. 1182 extends the National Flood Insurance Program, which is set to expire July 31, 2018, through November 30, 2018. This amendment does not include any reforms to the program; it is only a short-term extension. The NFIP was originally set ...
H.R. 4667: Making further supplemental appropriations for the fiscal year ending September 30, 2018, for disaster assistance for Hurricanes Harvey, Irma, and Maria, and calendar year 2017 wildfires, ...
Dec 21, 2017. Passed 251/169.
H.R. 3038: Highway and Transportation Funding Act of 2015, Part II
Jul 15, 2015. Passed 312/119.
H.R. 2146: Defending Public Safety Employees’ Retirement Act
Jun 18, 2015. Passed 218/208.
This vote made H.R. 2146 the vehicle for passage of Trade Promotion Authority (TPA) for the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade deal currently being negotiated. H.R. 2146 was originally introduced as a bill to address issues with retirement funds of federal law enforcement officers and firefighters. ...
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed 338/88.
The USA Freedom Act (H.R. 2048, Pub.L. 114–23) is a U.S. law enacted on June 2, 2015 that restored in modified form several provisions of the Patriot Act, which had expired the day before. The act imposes some new limits on the bulk collection of ...
From Jan 2015 to Sep 2018, Grothman missed 48 of 2,434 roll call votes, which is 2.0%. This is on par with the median of 2.4% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: