Read our 2018 Report Card for Grothman.
Grothman is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Grothman has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Sep 13, 2019. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Glenn Grothman sits on the following committees:
House Committee on Education and Labor
- Member, Subcommittee on Early Childhood, Elementary, and Secondary Education
- Member, Subcommittee on Higher Education and Workforce Investment
- House Committee on Oversight and Reform
Grothman was the primary sponsor of 1 bill that was enacted:
- H.R. 3507 (114th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 99 West 2nd Street in Fond du Lac, Wisconsin, as the “Lieutenant Colonel James ‘Maggie’ ...
Does 1 not sound like a lot? Very few bills are ever enacted — most legislators sponsor only a handful that are signed into law. But there are other legislative activities that we don’t track that are also important, including offering amendments, committee work and oversight of the other branches, and constituent services.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Grothman sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Grothman’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 3422: Competency-Based Education Act of 2019
- H.R. 3130: Age Discrimination in Employment Parity Act of 2019
- H.Res. 236: Expressing the sense of the House of Representatives that welfare programs discourage marriage ...
- H.R. 1447: Medicaid Equality Act of 2019
- H.R. 1192: Student and Teacher Safety Act of 2019
- H.R. 848: To restrict certain Federal assistance benefits to individuals verified to be citizens of ...
- H.R. 797: End Government Shutdowns Act
From Jan 2015 to Sep 2019, Grothman missed 66 of 3,065 roll call votes, which is 2.2%. This is on par with the median of 2.0% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: