Nye, a Democrat, was the representative for Virginia’s 2nd congressional district from 2009 to 2010.
Nye is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 2010 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Nye sponsored and cosponsored. See full analysis methodology.
Nye sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Nye’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6371 (111th): Gold Star Parents Annuity Act of 2010
- H.R. 6369 (111th): MyCAA Act
- H.R. 6372 (111th): Spouses of Fallen Heroes Scholarship Act
- H.R. 6370 (111th): Small Business Procurement Integrity Act of 2010
- H.R. 6131 (111th): Restoring Congressional Oversight and Strengthening Military Jointness Act
- H.R. 5867 (111th): Military Personnel Readiness Act of 2010
- H.R. 5568 (111th): Stop Waste by Eliminating Excessive Programs Act of 2010
|Nye’s Vote||Vote Description|
S. 3729 (111th): National Aeronautics and Space Administration Authorization Act of 2010
Sep 29, 2010. Passed 304/118.
H.Con.Res. 308 (111th): Providing for a conditional adjournment of the House of Representatives.
Jul 29, 2010. Passed 231/189.
H.Res. 317 (111th): Recognizing the region from Manhattan, Kansas, to Columbia, Missouri, as the Kansas City Animal Health Corridor, and ...
Sep 15, 2009. Passed 312/108.
H.R. 2918 (111th): Legislative Branch Appropriations Act, 2010
Jun 19, 2009. Passed 232/178.
H.R. 31 (111th): Lumbee Recognition Act
Jun 3, 2009. Passed 240/179.
From Jan 2009 to Dec 2010, Nye missed 4 of 1,655 roll call votes, which is 0.2%. This is better than the median of 3.1% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2010. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: