Nye was the representative for Virginia’s 2nd congressional district and was a Democrat. He served from 2009 to 2010.
Nye is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 2010 positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Nye sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 4, 2005 to Dec 21, 2010. See full analysis methodology.
Nye sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Recently Introduced Bills
Nye recently introduced the following legislation:
- H.R. 6371 (111th): Gold Star Parents Annuity Act of 2010
- H.R. 6369 (111th): MyCAA Act
- H.R. 6372 (111th): Spouses of Fallen Heroes Scholarship Act
- H.R. 6370 (111th): Small Business Procurement Integrity Act of 2010
- H.R. 6131 (111th): Restoring Congressional Oversight and Strengthening Military Jointness Act
- H.R. 5867 (111th): Military Personnel Readiness Act of 2010
- H.R. 5568 (111th): Stop Waste by Eliminating Excessive Programs Act of 2010
Most legislation has no activity after being introduced.
From Jan 2009 to Dec 2010, Nye missed 4 of 1,655 roll call votes, which is 0.2%. This is better than the median of 3.1% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2010. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: