Read our 2017 Report Card for Thompson.
Thompson is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Thompson has sponsored and cosponsored. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Glenn Thompson sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Agriculture
House Committee on Education and the Workforce
- Member, Subcommittee on Early Childhood, Elementary, and Secondary Education
- Member, Subcommittee on Higher Education and Workforce Development
- House Committee on Natural Resources
Thompson was the primary sponsor of 3 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 2353: Strengthening Career and Technical Education for the 21st Century Act
- H.R. 2123: VETS Act of 2017
- H.R. 433 (114th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 523 East Railroad Street in Knox, Pennsylvania, as the “Specialist Ross A. McGinnis Memorial Post ...
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Thompson sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Health (24%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (21%) Armed Forces and National Security (14%) Education (14%) Agriculture and Food (14%) Foreign Trade and International Finance (7%) Labor and Employment (7%)
Some of Thompson’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6507: Oil Region National Heritage Area Reauthorization Act
- H.Res. 941: Recognizing the importance of public park and recreation facilities and activities and expressing ...
- H.R. 6014: To reauthorize the Family Violence Prevention and Services Act.
- H.R. 5595: National FFA Organization’s Federal Charter Amendments Act
- H.R. 5365: Community Services Block Grant Reauthorization Act of 2018
- H.R. 4101: School Milk Nutrition Act of 2017
- H.Res. 406: Recognizing the importance of public park and recreation facilities and activities and expressing ...
|Thompson’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 620: ADA Education and Reform Act of 2017
Feb 15, 2018. Passed 225/192.
A bill which just passed the House would update the law for disabled Americans for modern times, say Republicans. Democrats say it would set disabled Americans’ civil rights back decades. #### Context The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, more commonly called the ADA, was ...
H.R. 308: Keep the Promise Act of 2015
Nov 16, 2015. Failed 263/146.
H.R. 1314: Trade Act of 2015
Oct 28, 2015. Passed 266/167.
This vote turned this bill into the Bipartisan Budget Act of 2015, by replacing the text of the bill in whole. H.R. 1314 was previously the Trade Act of 2015.
H.R. 2146: Defending Public Safety Employees’ Retirement Act
Jun 18, 2015. Passed 218/208.
This vote made H.R. 2146 the vehicle for passage of Trade Promotion Authority (TPA) for the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade deal currently being negotiated. H.R. 2146 was originally introduced as a bill to address issues with retirement funds of federal law enforcement officers and firefighters. ...
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed 338/88.
The USA Freedom Act (H.R. 2048, Pub.L. 114–23) is a U.S. law enacted on June 2, 2015 that restored in modified form several provisions of the Patriot Act, which had expired the day before. The act imposes some new limits on the bulk collection of ...
H.R. 83 (113th): Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015
Dec 11, 2014. Passed 219/206.
This bill became the vehicle for passage of the Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015 [pdf], which was approved by the House on December 11, 2014 and by the Senate on December 13, 2014. The bill was originally introduced on January 3, 2013 by ...
H.J.Res. 124 (113th): Continuing Appropriations Resolution, 2015
Sep 17, 2014. Passed 319/108.
H.R. 3521 (112th): Expedited Legislative Line-Item Veto and Rescissions Act of 2012
Feb 8, 2012. Passed 254/173.
H.R. 1249 (112th): Leahy-Smith America Invents Act
Jun 23, 2011. Passed 304/117.
The Leahy–Smith America Invents Act (AIA) is a United States federal statute that was passed by Congress and was signed into law by President Barack Obama on September 16, 2011. The law represents the most significant change to the U.S. patent system since 1952, and ...
H.Res. 1184 (111th): Congratulating the 2009-2010 University of Maryland Men’s Basketball Team, Greivis Vasquez, and Coach Gary Williams on an ...
Mar 17, 2010. Passed 279/132.
From Jan 2009 to Jul 2018, Thompson missed 62 of 6,879 roll call votes, which is 0.9%. This is better than the median of 2.4% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: