Our unique analysis of the bills Thompson has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Thompson is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Thompson for more statistics.
Glenn Thompson sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Agriculture
House Committee on Education and the Workforce
- Member, Subcommittee on Early Childhood, Elementary, and Secondary Education
- Member, Subcommittee on Workforce Protections
- House Committee on Natural Resources
Thompson sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Education (27%) Health (23%) Agriculture and Food (17%) Armed Forces and National Security (13%) Social Welfare (7%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (7%) Foreign Trade and International Finance (7%)
Some of Thompson’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Con.Res. 144: Recognizing the 75th anniversary of the American Tree Farm System.
- H.R. 5587: Strengthening Career and Technical Education for the 21st Century Act
- H.R. 3881: Cooperative Management of Mineral Rights Act of 2016
- H.Res. 349: Supporting the goals and ideals of Family, Career and Community Leaders of America.
- H.Con.Res. 56: Expressing the sense of Congress that all trade agreements the United States enters ...
- H.R. 2407: School Milk Nutrition Act of 2015
- H.R. 2394: National Forest Foundation Reauthorization Act of 2015
View All » (including bills from previous years)
|Thompson’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 308: Keep the Promise Act of 2015
Nov 16, 2015. Failed.
H.R. 1314: Trade Act of 2015
Oct 28, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 3038: Highway and Transportation Funding Act of 2015, Part II
Jul 15, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 2146: Defending Public Safety Employees’ Retirement Act
Jun 18, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 2578: Commerce, Justice, Science, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2016
Jun 3, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 1806: America COMPETES Reauthorization Act of 2015
May 20, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed.
H.J.Res. 35: Making further continuing appropriations for fiscal year 2015, and for other purposes.
Feb 27, 2015. Failed.
From Jan 2009 to Sep 2016, Thompson missed 53 of 5,742 roll call votes, which is 0.9%. This is better than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 24 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: