Negrete McLeod was the representative for California’s 35th congressional district and was a Democrat. She served from 2013 to 2014.
Read our 2014 Report Card for Negrete McLeod.
Negrete McLeod is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 2014 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Negrete McLeod sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2009 to Dec 11, 2014. See full analysis methodology.
Negrete McLeod sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Negrete McLeod’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 4710 (113th): To amend the Payments in Lieu of Taxes Program to include all ...
- H.R. 4140 (113th): Homeless Veterans with Children Act of 2014
- H.R. 4104 (113th): Savings on Medical Expenses for Seniors Act of 2014
- H.R. 4053 (113th): VA Timely Mammogram Results Act of 2013
- H.R. 2505 (113th): Motorcoach Safety, Accountability, and Technology Act of 2013
- H.R. 2349 (113th): Get Relief from Academic Debt Act of 2013
- H.R. 1623 (113th): VA Claims Efficiency Through Information Act of 2013
From Jan 2013 to Dec 2014, Negrete McLeod missed 184 of 1,204 roll call votes, which is 15.3%. This is much worse than the median of 2.5% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2014. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: