Our unique analysis of the bills Smith sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the Senate.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the Senate in 2008. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Smith is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Smith sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Government Operations and Politics (17%) Economics and Public Finance (15%) Taxation (14%) Commerce (12%) Health (11%) Finance and Financial Sector (11%) Social Welfare (10%) Labor and Employment (10%)
Some of Smith’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 3554 (110th): Affordable Coverage for Small Employers Act of 2008
- S.Res. 643 (110th): A resolution calling for greater dialogue between the Dalai Lama and the ...
- S. 3374 (110th): Healing Our Nation’s Heroes Act of 2008
- S. 3367 (110th): A bill to amend title XVIII of the Social Security Act to ...
- S. 3275 (110th): Affordable Housing Preservation Act of 2008
- S. 3228 (110th): A bill to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to allow ...
- S. 3194 (110th): Oregon Surplus Federal Land Act of 2008
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1997 to Dec 2008, Smith missed 79 of 3,894 roll call votes, which is 2.0%. This is on par with the median of 2.2% among the lifetime records of senators serving in Dec 2008. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: