Ganske, a Republican, was the representative for Iowa’s 4th congressional district from 1995 to 2002.
Ganske is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 2002 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Ganske sponsored and cosponsored. See full analysis methodology.
Ganske was the primary sponsor of 1 bill that was enacted:
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Ganske sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Government Operations and Politics (19%) Commerce (15%) Law (15%) Health (13%) Economics and Public Finance (11%) Labor and Employment (9%) Science, Technology, Communications (9%) Social Welfare (9%)
Some of Ganske’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 4955 (107th): Animal Drug User Fee Act of 2002
- H.R. 3310 (107th): Bioterrorism Preparedness Act of 2001
- H.R. 3165 (107th): Aviation Security Act, II
- H.R. 2951 (107th): Aviation Security Act
- H.R. 2563 (107th): Bipartisan Patient Protection Act
- H.R. 1388 (107th): To authorize funding for the National 4-H Program Centennial Initiative.
- H.R. 1387 (107th): Drug Availability and Health Care Access Improvement Act of 2001
From Jan 1995 to Nov 2002, Ganske missed 173 of 4,737 roll call votes, which is 3.7%. This is on par with the median of 2.8% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Nov 2002. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: