Gianforte is the representative for Montana’s at-large district and is a Republican. He has served since Jun 21, 2017. Gianforte is next up for reelection in 2018.
In 2017 Gianforte pleaded guilty to assaulting a reporter in 2017 the night before he was elected to Congress.
Read our 2017 Report Card for Gianforte.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Greg Gianforte sits on the following committees:
Gianforte was the primary sponsor of 4 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 4645: East Rosebud Wild and Scenic Rivers Act
- H.R. 3873: Alex Diekmann Peak Designation Act of 2017
- H.R. 3872: To reinstate and extend the deadline for commencement of construction of a hydroelectric project involving the Gibson Dam.
- H.R. 3765: To redesignate certain clinics of the Department of Veterans Affairs located in Montana.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Gianforte sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Gianforte’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6567: To amend the Forest and Rangeland Renewable Resources Planning Act of 1974 to ...
- H.R. 6041: B-47 Ridge Designation Act
- H.R. 5429: SIREN Act of 2018
- H.R. 5149: Unlocking Public Lands Act
- H.R. 5148: Protect Public Use of Public Lands Act
- H.R. 5073: Clean Water for Rural Communities Act
- H.R. 4644: Yellowstone Gateway Protection Act
|Gianforte’s Vote||Vote Description|
S. 1182: The American Legion 100th Anniversary Commemorative Coin Act
Jul 25, 2018. Passed 366/52.
The House Amendment to S. 1182 extends the National Flood Insurance Program, which is set to expire July 31, 2018, through November 30, 2018. This amendment does not include any reforms to the program; it is only a short-term extension. The NFIP was originally set ...
H.R. 1892: Further Extension of Continuing Appropriations Act, 2018; Department of Defense Appropriations Act, 2018; SUSTAIN Care Act of 2018; Honoring Hometown Heroes Act
Feb 9, 2018. Passed 240/186.
This bill became the vehicle for passage of funding for the federal government through March 23, 2018, to avert a government shutdown that would have occurred on February 9, 2018 had this bill not been enacted. The bill was introduced as the Honoring Hometown Heroes ...
H.R. 4667: Making further supplemental appropriations for the fiscal year ending September 30, 2018, for disaster assistance for Hurricanes Harvey, Irma, and Maria, and calendar year 2017 wildfires, ...
Dec 21, 2017. Passed 251/169.
From Jun 2017 to Jul 2018, Gianforte missed 3 of 778 roll call votes, which is 0.4%. This is better than the median of 2.4% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: