Read our 2016 Report Card for Walden.
Our unique analysis of the bills Walden has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Walden is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Greg Walden sits on the following committees:
- Chairman, House Committee on Energy and Commerce
Walden was the primary sponsor of 11 bills that were enacted. The most recent include:
- H.R. 1762 (114th): To name the Department of Veterans Affairs community-based outpatient clinic in The Dalles, Oregon, as the “Loren R. Kaufman VA Clinic”.
- H.R. 2640 (113th): Crooked River Collaborative Water Security and Jobs Act of 2014
- H.R. 4195 (109th): Southern Oregon Bureau of Reclamation Repayment Act of 2005
- H.R. 4827 (108th): To amend the Colorado Canyons National Conservation Area and Black Ridge Canyons Wilderness Act of 2000 to rename the Colorado Canyons National Conservation Area as the McInnis ...
- H.R. 2984 (108th): To amend the Agricultural Adjustment Act to remove the requirement that processors be members of an agency administering a marketing order applicable to pears.
- H.R. 3249 (108th): To extend the term of the Forest Counties Payments Committee.
- H.R. 4953 (107th): To direct the Secretary of the Interior to grant to Deschutes and Crook Counties in the State of Oregon a right-of-way to West Butte Road.
We consider a bill enacted if it is enacted or if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted, as determined by an automated text analysis.
Walden sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Walden’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 1121: Pre-existing Conditions Protection Act of 2017
- H.R. 983: Resource Management Practices Protection Act of 2017
- H.Res. 81: Providing amounts for the expenses of the Committee on Energy and Commerce in ...
- H.R. 699: Mount Hood Cooper Spur Land Exchange Clarification Act
- H.R. 288: Small Business Broadband Deployment Act
- H.R. 290: Federal Communications Commission Process Reform Act of 2017
- H.R. 6474 (114th): To eliminate the daily newspaper cross-ownership rule of the Federal Communications Commission.
View All » (including bills from previous years)
|Walden’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed 338/88.
The USA Freedom Act (H.R. 2048, Pub.L. 114–23) is a U.S. law enacted on June 2, 2015 that restored in modified form several provisions of the Patriot Act, which had expired the day before. The act imposes some new limits on the bulk collection of ...
H.R. 83 (113th): Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015
Dec 11, 2014. Passed 219/206.
This bill became the vehicle for passage of the Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015 [pdf], which was approved by the House on December 11, 2014 and by the Senate on December 13, 2014. The bill was originally introduced on January 3, 2013 by ...
H.J.Res. 124 (113th): Continuing Appropriations Resolution, 2015
Sep 17, 2014. Passed 319/108.
H.R. 1249 (112th): Leahy-Smith America Invents Act
Jun 23, 2011. Passed 304/117.
The Leahy–Smith America Invents Act (AIA) is a United States federal statute that was passed by Congress and was signed into law by President Barack Obama on September 16, 2011. The law represents the most significant change to the U.S. patent system since 1952, and ...
H.Con.Res. 214 (111th): Providing for an adjournment or recess of the two Houses.
Nov 18, 2009. Passed 243/166.
H.Res. 784 (111th): Honoring the 2560th anniversary of the birth of Confucius and recognizing his invaluable contributions to philosophy and ...
Oct 28, 2009. Passed 361/47.
H.R. 1622 (111th): To provide for a program of research, development, and demonstration on natural gas vehicles.
Jul 21, 2009. Passed 393/35.
H.R. 31 (111th): Lumbee Recognition Act
Jun 3, 2009. Passed 240/179.
From Jan 1999 to Mar 2017, Walden missed 174 of 12,513 roll call votes, which is 1.4%. This is on par with the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 1 explanation for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: