Our unique analysis of the bills Harper has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Harper is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Harper for more statistics.
Gregg Harper sits on the following committees:
- Chairman, Joint Committee on the Library
- Vice Chairman, Joint Committee on Printing
- House Committee on Energy and Commerce
- House Committee on House Administration
Harper sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Harper’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5092: Reinforcing American-Made Products Act of 2016
- H.R. 4553: CARE Act of 2016
- H.R. 3249: Mid-Mississippi Conservation, Recreation, and Development Act of 2015
- H.R. 3099: RAISE Family Caregivers Act
- H.Res. 334: Designating the Ulysses S. Grant Association as the organization to implement the bicentennial ...
- H.R. 2853: Grassroots Rural and Small Community Water Systems Assistance Act
- H.R. 2066: Telehealth Enhancement Act of 2015
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2009 to Jul 2016, Harper missed 85 of 5,646 roll call votes, which is 1.5%. This is better than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 12 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: