Read our 2016 Report Card for Sablan.
Our unique analysis of the bills Sablan has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Sablan is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Gregorio Sablan sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Education and the Workforce
- House Committee on Natural Resources
- House Committee on Veterans' Affairs
Sablan was the primary sponsor of 2 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 5889 (114th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 1 Chalan Kanoa VLG in Saipan, Northern Mariana Islands, as the “Segundo T. Sablan and ...
- H.R. 573 (113th): To amend Public Law 93-435 with respect to the Northern Mariana Islands, providing parity with Guam, the Virgin Islands, and American Samoa.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Sablan sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Sablan’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 2085: To approve an agreement between the United States and the Republic of Palau, ...
- H.R. 339: Northern Mariana Islands Economic Expansion Act
- H.R. 6401 (114th): Northern Mariana Islands Economic Expansion Act
- H.R. 5888 (114th): To amend section 6 of the Joint Resolution entitled “A Joint Resolution ...
- H.R. 5889 (114th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at ...
- H.R. 5773 (114th): Stop Tobacco Smuggling in the Insular Areas Act of 2016
- H.R. 5584 (114th): Shark Fin Trade Elimination Act of 2016
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: