Read our 2016 Report Card for Sablan.
Our unique analysis of the bills Sablan has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Sablan is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Gregorio Sablan sits on the following committees:
Sablan was the primary sponsor of 2 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 5889 (114th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 1 Chalan Kanoa VLG in Saipan, Northern Mariana Islands, as the “Segundo T. Sablan and ...
- H.R. 573 (113th): To amend Public Law 93-435 with respect to the Northern Mariana Islands, providing parity with Guam, the Virgin Islands, and American Samoa.
We consider a bill enacted if it is enacted or if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted, as determined by an automated text analysis.
Sablan sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Public Lands and Natural Resources (21%) Education (17%) Government Operations and Politics (17%) Crime and Law Enforcement (17%) Immigration (14%) Labor and Employment (7%) Armed Forces and National Security (7%)
Some of Sablan’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 339: Northern Mariana Islands Economic Expansion Act
- H.R. 6401 (114th): Northern Mariana Islands Economic Expansion Act
- H.R. 5888 (114th): To amend section 6 of the Joint Resolution entitled “A Joint Resolution ...
- H.R. 5889 (114th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at ...
- H.R. 5773 (114th): Stop Tobacco Smuggling in the Insular Areas Act of 2016
- H.R. 5584 (114th): Shark Fin Trade Elimination Act of 2016
- H.R. 4531 (114th): To approve an agreement between the United States and the Republic of ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: