Our unique analysis of the bills Laughlin sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 1996. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Laughlin is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Laughlin sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Laughlin’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 4256 (104th): To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to provide for the ...
- H.R. 3823 (104th): To provide for the liquidation or reliquidation of certain entries.
- H.R. 3822 (104th): Palmetto Bend Project Title Transfer Act
- H.R. 1646 (104th): Reserve Forces Revitalization Act of 1995
- H.R. 1899 (103rd): Gulf of Mexico Economic and Environmental Protection Act of 1993
- H.R. 1827 (103rd): To amend title 10, United States Code, to establish a separate reserve ...
- H.Con.Res. 67 (103rd): Welcoming the XLVI Congress of the Interallied Confederation of Reserve Officers (CIOR), ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1989 to Sep 1996, Laughlin missed 318 of 4,298 roll call votes, which is 7.4%. This is much worse than the median of 2.7% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Sep 1996. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills