Read our 2019 Report Card for Murphy.
Murphy is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Murphy has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Apr 3, 2020. See full analysis methodology.
Gregory Murphy sits on the following committees:
Murphy sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Murphy’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6413: To amend the Fair Credit Reporting Act to prohibit consumer reporting agencies from ...
- H.R. 6128: Eliminate Agency Excess Space Act
- H.R. 5979: Tax Deadline Uniformity Act of 2020
- H.R. 5875: Protect Our Military Families’ 2nd Amendment Rights Act
- H.R. 5774: Veterans HOPE Act
- H.R. 5582: Parental Accessibility Rights for Emergency and Negligent Treatment Act
- H.R. 5037: To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 3703 ...
From Sep 2019 to Mar 2020, Murphy missed 15 of 272 roll call votes, which is 5.5%. This is much worse than the median of 2.2% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: