Read our 2019 Report Card for Murphy.
Murphy is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Murphy has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Sep 16, 2020. See full analysis methodology.
Gregory Murphy sits on the following committees:
Murphy sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Murphy’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 8306: To direct the Secretary of Veterans Affairs to establish a pilot program to ...
- H.R. 8110: Campus Free Speech Restoration Act
- H.R. 7842: INFLUENCE Act
- H.R. 7710: Open Schools Responsibly Act
- H.R. 7180: Honor Your Oath Act
- H.R. 7179: Pandemic Liability Protection Act
- H.Res. 961: Expressing the sense of the House of Representatives that the President should work ...
From Sep 2019 to Sep 2020, Murphy missed 16 of 365 roll call votes, which is 4.4%. This is worse than the median of 2.2% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: