Steube is the representative for Florida’s 17th congressional district (view map) and is a Republican. He has served since Jan 3, 2019. Steube is next up for reelection in 2022 and serves until Jan 3, 2023.
Read our 2020 Report Card for Steube.
Steube is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Steube has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 3, 2017 to Mar 3, 2021. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Gregory Steube sits on the following committees:
Steube sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Armed Forces and National Security (25%) Crime and Law Enforcement (18%) Taxation (14%) Government Operations and Politics (14%) Immigration (11%) International Affairs (9%) Transportation and Public Works (5%) Education (5%)
Some of Steube’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 1595: To require the continuation in effect of export controls with respect to Huawei ...
- H.R. 1473: To require the Commissioner of Food and Drugs and the Director of the ...
- H.R. 1029: To Waive the application fee for any special use permit for veterans’ special ...
- H.R. 1027: To direct the Secretary of Defense to establish an authority to issue permits ...
- H.R. 1028: To direct the Secretary of Defense to revise and update the Department of ...
- H.R. 426: Protection of Women and Girls in Sports Act of 2021
- H.R. 427: Moving H–2A to United States Department of Agriculture Act of 2021
From Jan 2019 to Mar 2021, Steube missed 42 of 1,016 roll call votes, which is 4.1%. This is worse than the median of 2.0% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: