Steube is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Steube has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Sep 13, 2019. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Gregory Steube sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on the Judiciary
House Committee on Oversight and Reform
- Member, Subcommittee on Government Operations
- House Committee on Veterans' Affairs
Steube sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Steube’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 4323: To provide for the rescheduling of marijuana into schedule III of the Controlled ...
- H.Res. 439: Maintaining North Korea’s seizure of the vessel USS Pueblo and its detention of ...
- H.R. 3013: To direct Federal departments and agencies to verify eligibility for Federal benefits for ...
- H.R. 2604: Make Marriage Great Again Act of 2019
- H.R. 2191: Veterans Cannabis Use for Safe Healing Act
- H.R. 1989: Break the Chain Act
- H.Res. 241: Condemning the anti-Semitic comments of Representative Ilhan Omar from Minnesota.
From Jan 2019 to Sep 2019, Steube missed 17 of 530 roll call votes, which is 3.2%. This is worse than the median of 2.0% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: