Read our 2019 Report Card for Steube.
Steube is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Steube has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Nov 20, 2020. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Gregory Steube sits on the following committees:
Steube sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Armed Forces and National Security (26%) Crime and Law Enforcement (22%) Government Operations and Politics (15%) Taxation (11%) International Affairs (11%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (7%) Immigration (7%)
Some of Steube’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 8777: To direct the Secretary of Homeland Security and Secretary of State to require ...
- H.R. 8719: CASE-IT Act
- H.R. 8720: To provide greater flexibility to agencies to make appointments to positions for which ...
- H.Res. 1199: Congratulating the Tampa Bay Lightning for winning the 2020 Stanley Cup Final.
- H.R. 8364: VA Fiscal Responsibility Act
- H.R. 7988: PRO Sports Act
- H.Res. 1023: Calling for justice for George Floyd and others, and condemning violence and rioting.
From Jan 2019 to Nov 2020, Steube missed 30 of 928 roll call votes, which is 3.2%. This is on par with the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: