Steube is the representative for Florida’s 17th congressional district (view map) and is a Republican. He has served since Jan 3, 2019. Steube is next up for reelection in 2022 and serves until Jan 3, 2023.
Read our 2020 Report Card for Steube.
Steube is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Steube has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 3, 2017 to Jun 15, 2021. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Gregory Steube sits on the following committees:
Steube sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Armed Forces and National Security (28%) Crime and Law Enforcement (15%) Government Operations and Politics (13%) Taxation (11%) International Affairs (11%) Immigration (9%) Education (6%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (6%)
Some of Steube’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 3854: To amend the Small Business Act to require that credit reporting companies provide ...
- H.R. 3798: To amend the Immigration and Nationality Act to modify the provisions that relate ...
- H.Res. 347: Congratulating Charlotte County, Florida, on its 100th anniversary.
- H.Res. 299: Expressing support for naming surviving family members of veterans who die by suicide ...
- H.R. 2258: Protecting Higher Education from Foreign Threats Act
- H.R. 2273: Chinese Government COVID–19 Accountability Act
- H.R. 2113: Sanctioning Iranian-Backed Militia Terrorists Act
From Jan 2019 to Jun 2021, Steube missed 42 of 1,124 roll call votes, which is 3.7%. This is worse than the median of 2.0% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: