Read our 2019 Report Card for Steube.
Steube is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Steube has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Aug 7, 2020. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Gregory Steube sits on the following committees:
Steube sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Crime and Law Enforcement (24%) Armed Forces and National Security (24%) Government Operations and Politics (16%) International Affairs (12%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (8%) Immigration (8%) Taxation (8%)
Some of Steube’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 7988: To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to exclude major professional sports ...
- H.Res. 1023: Calling for justice for George Floyd and others, and condemning violence and rioting.
- H.R. 7279: No Bonuses Ahead of Bankruptcy Filing Act of 2020
- H.Res. 1007: Calling for justice for George Floyd and opposing efforts to defund the police.
- H.R. 7184: U.S. Citrus Protection Act
- H.R. 6659: OMAR Act
- H.Res. 919: Condemning the United Nations decision to appoint China a seat on its Human ...
From Jan 2019 to Jul 2020, Steube missed 26 of 879 roll call votes, which is 3.0%. This is on par with the median of 2.2% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: