Read our 2018 Report Card for Bilirakis.
Bilirakis is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Bilirakis has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Dec 6, 2019. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Gus Bilirakis sits on the following committees:
Bilirakis was the primary sponsor of 13 bills that were enacted. The most recent include:
- H.R. 1222 (115th): Congenital Heart Futures Reauthorization Act of 2017
- H.R. 4830: SIT-REP Act
- H.R. 3245: Medicare Civil and Criminal Penalties Update Act
- H.R. 3926: Community CARE Act
- H.R. 1994: VETERAN Act
- H.R. 3953 (114th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 4122 Madison Street, Elfers, Florida, as the “Private First Class Felton Roger Fussell Memorial Post ...
- H.R. 4063 (114th): Jason Simcakoski PROMISE Act
Does 13 not sound like a lot? Very few bills are ever enacted — most legislators sponsor only a handful that are signed into law. But there are other legislative activities that we don’t track that are also important, including offering amendments, committee work and oversight of the other branches, and constituent services.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Bilirakis sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Bilirakis’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 4861: Effective Suicide Screening and Assessment in the Emergency Department Act of 2019
- H.R. 4085: Student Veteran Empowerment Act of 2019
- H.R. 4086: Protection for Veterans’ Burn Pit Exposure Act of 2019
- H.Res. 523: Expressing support for the designation of National Public Safety Aviation Day.
- H.R. 3897: To amend title 38, United States Code, to increase the monthly housing stipend ...
- H.Res. 482: Expressing the sense of the House of Representatives regarding United States efforts to ...
- H.R. 3613: State Accountability, Flexibility, and Equity for Hospitals Act of 2019
From Jan 2007 to Dec 2019, Bilirakis missed 201 of 9,532 roll call votes, which is 2.1%. This is on par with the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: