Read our 2017 Report Card for Bilirakis.
Bilirakis is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Bilirakis has sponsored and cosponsored. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Gus Bilirakis sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Energy and Commerce
- House Committee on Veterans' Affairs
Bilirakis was the primary sponsor of 11 bills that were enacted. The most recent include:
- H.R. 3245: Medicare Civil and Criminal Penalties Update Act
- H.R. 3926: Community CARE Act
- H.R. 1994: VETERAN Act
- H.R. 3953 (114th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 4122 Madison Street, Elfers, Florida, as the “Private First Class Felton Roger Fussell Memorial Post ...
- H.R. 4063 (114th): Jason Simcakoski PROMISE Act
- H.R. 5145 (114th): To amend title XIX of the Social Security Act to exclude abuse-deterrent formulations of prescription drugs from the Medicaid additional rebate requirement for new formulations of prescription ...
- H.R. 2299 (114th): To amend title XVIII of the Social Security Act to provide for site-of-service price transparency under the Medicare program.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Bilirakis sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Bilirakis’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6357: To direct the Comptroller General of the United States to assess and make ...
- H.Res. 991: Expressing support for the designation of National Public Safety Aviation Day.
- H.R. 6092: Sober Home Fraud Detection Act
- H.R. 5881: PAID Act
- H.R. 5840: To state the policy of the United States with respect to the extended ...
- H.R. 5808: Medicaid Pharmaceutical Home Act of 2018
- H.R. 5675: To amend title XVIII of the Social Security Act to require prescription drug ...
|Bilirakis’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 200: Strengthening Fishing Communities and Increasing Flexibility in Fisheries Management Act
Jul 11, 2018. Passed 222/193.
H.R. 2146: Defending Public Safety Employees’ Retirement Act
Jun 18, 2015. Passed 218/208.
This vote made H.R. 2146 the vehicle for passage of Trade Promotion Authority (TPA) for the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade deal currently being negotiated. H.R. 2146 was originally introduced as a bill to address issues with retirement funds of federal law enforcement officers and firefighters. ...
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed 338/88.
The USA Freedom Act (H.R. 2048, Pub.L. 114–23) is a U.S. law enacted on June 2, 2015 that restored in modified form several provisions of the Patriot Act, which had expired the day before. The act imposes some new limits on the bulk collection of ...
H.R. 83 (113th): Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015
Dec 11, 2014. Passed 219/206.
This bill became the vehicle for passage of the Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015 [pdf], which was approved by the House on December 11, 2014 and by the Senate on December 13, 2014. The bill was originally introduced on January 3, 2013 by ...
H.J.Res. 124 (113th): Continuing Appropriations Resolution, 2015
Sep 17, 2014. Passed 319/108.
H.R. 1947 (113th): Federal Agriculture Reform and Risk Management Act of 2013
Jun 20, 2013. Failed 195/234.
H.R. 2362 (112th): Indian Tribal Trade and Investment Demonstration Project Act of 2011
Jul 23, 2012. Failed 222/160.
H.R. 1249 (112th): Leahy-Smith America Invents Act
Jun 23, 2011. Passed 304/117.
The Leahy–Smith America Invents Act (AIA) is a United States federal statute that was passed by Congress and was signed into law by President Barack Obama on September 16, 2011. The law represents the most significant change to the U.S. patent system since 1952, and ...
From Jan 2007 to Jul 2018, Bilirakis missed 176 of 8,741 roll call votes, which is 2.0%. This is on par with the median of 2.4% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: