Read our 2018 Report Card for Bilirakis.
Bilirakis is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Bilirakis has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to May 20, 2019. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Gus Bilirakis sits on the following committees:
Bilirakis was the primary sponsor of 13 bills that were enacted. The most recent include:
- H.R. 1222 (115th): Congenital Heart Futures Reauthorization Act of 2017
- H.R. 4830: SIT-REP Act
- H.R. 3245: Medicare Civil and Criminal Penalties Update Act
- H.R. 3926: Community CARE Act
- H.R. 1994: VETERAN Act
- H.R. 3953 (114th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 4122 Madison Street, Elfers, Florida, as the “Private First Class Felton Roger Fussell Memorial Post ...
- H.R. 4063 (114th): Jason Simcakoski PROMISE Act
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Bilirakis sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Bilirakis’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 2628: VET CARE Act of 2019
- H.R. 2221: Fry Scholarship Improvement Act of 2019
- H.Res. 91: Reaffirming the robust commitment of the House of Representatives to the importance of ...
- H.R. 443: PROTECT KIDS Act
- H.R. 303: Retired Pay Restoration Act
- H.R. 7369 (115th): DEA Notification Act of 2018
- H.R. 6836: CLINICAL TREATMENT Act
From Jan 2007 to May 2019, Bilirakis missed 182 of 9,097 roll call votes, which is 2.0%. This is on par with the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: