2015 Report CardRead our 2015 Report Card for Bilirakis »
Our unique analysis of the bills Bilirakis has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Bilirakis is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Gus Bilirakis sits on the following committees:
Bilirakis sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Armed Forces and National Security (31%) Health (22%) Taxation (16%) Emergency Management (13%) International Affairs (8%) Government Operations and Politics (5%) Transportation and Public Works (3%) Immigration (3%)
Some of Bilirakis’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5145: To amend title XIX of the Social Security Act to exclude abuse-deterrent formulations ...
- H.R. 5098: To amend the Federal Trade Commission Act to require an annual plan and ...
- H.R. 4089: Student Visa Security Improvement Act
- H.R. 4063: Jason Simcakoski PROMISE Act
- H.R. 3954: Camp Lejeune Reservist Parity Act of 2015
- H.R. 3953: To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 4122 ...
- H.R. 3952: Congenital Heart Futures Reauthorization Act of 2015
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2007 to Apr 2016, Bilirakis missed 122 of 7,223 roll call votes, which is 1.7%. This is on par with the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 49 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: