Read our 2016 Report Card for Moore.
Our unique analysis of the bills Moore has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into her position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Moore is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Gwen Moore sits on the following committees:
Moore was the primary sponsor of 3 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 1035 (113th): To require a study of voluntary community-based flood insurance options and how such options could be incorporated into the national flood insurance program, and for other purposes.
- H.R. 4116 (111th): FVPSA Reauthorization Act of 2009
- H.R. 1877 (111th): Homeless Emergency Assistance and Rapid Transition to Housing Act of 2009
We consider a bill enacted if it is enacted or if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted, as determined by an automated text analysis.
Moore sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Moore’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6488: Municipal Securities Disclosure Act of 2016
- H.R. 5699: Serve More Kids Act
- H.R. 5507: Top 1% Accountability Act
- H.R. 5221: Preventing Tragedies Between Police and Communities Act of 2016
- H.R. 4571: Reducing Unexpected Deaths in Infants and Children Act of 2016
- H.R. 4453: To amend the FAA Modernization and Reform Act of 2012 to review the ...
- H.R. 4216: Consumer Financial Choice and Capital Markets Protection Act of 2015
View All » (including bills from previous years)
|Moore’s Vote||Vote Description|
S. 612: A bill to designate the Federal building and United States courthouse located at 1300 Victoria Street in Laredo, Texas, as the “George P. Kazen Federal Building ...
Dec 8, 2016. Passed 360/61.
H.R. 3038: Highway and Transportation Funding Act of 2015, Part II
Jul 15, 2015. Passed 312/119.
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed 338/88.
The USA Freedom Act ("H.R. 2048". , Pub.L. 114–23) is a U.S. law enacted on June 2, 2015 that restored in modified form several provisions of the Patriot Act, which had expired the day before. The act imposes some new limits on the bulk collection ...
H.R. 83 (113th): Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015
Dec 11, 2014. Passed 219/206.
This bill became the vehicle for passage of the Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015 [pdf], which was approved by the House on December 11, 2014 and by the Senate on December 13, 2014. The bill was originally introduced on January 3, 2013 by ...
H.J.Res. 124 (113th): Continuing Appropriations Resolution, 2015
Sep 17, 2014. Passed 319/108.
H.R. 6233 (112th): Agricultural Disaster Assistance Act of 2012
Aug 2, 2012. Passed 223/197.
H.R. 1249 (112th): Leahy-Smith America Invents Act
Jun 23, 2011. Passed 304/117.
The Leahy–Smith America Invents Act (AIA) is a United States federal statute that was passed by Congress and was signed into law by President Barack Obama on September 16, 2011. The law represents the most significant change to the U.S. patent system since 1952, and ...
H.R. 2499 (111th): Puerto Rico Democracy Act of 2010
Apr 29, 2010. Passed 223/169.
From Jan 2005 to Jan 2017, Moore missed 464 of 8,939 roll call votes, which is 5.2%. This is much worse than the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 42 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: