Read our 2016 Report Card for Jeffries.
Our unique analysis of the bills Jeffries has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Jeffries is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Hakeem Jeffries sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on the Budget
House Committee on the Judiciary
- Member, Subcommittee on Courts, Intellectual Property, and the Internet
- Member, Subcommittee on Crime, Terrorism, Homeland Security, and Investigations
Jeffries was the primary sponsor of 2 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 1527 (114th): Slain Officer Family Support Act of 2015
- H.R. 5108 (113th): To establish the Law School Clinic Certification Program of the United States Patent and Trademark Office, and for other purposes.
We consider a bill enacted if it is enacted or if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted, as determined by an automated text analysis.
Jeffries sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Jeffries’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Res. 184: Of inquiry requesting the President and directing the Attorney General to transmit, respectively, ...
- H.R. 995: 21st Century Respect Act
- H.R. 956: Effective Assistance of Counsel in the Digital Era Act
- H.R. 957: F.A.I.R. Surveillance Act of 2017
- H.R. 449: Synthetic Drug Awareness Act of 2017
- H.R. 5757 (114th): CASE Act of 2016
- H.R. 5154 (114th): F.A.I.R. Surveillance Act of 2016
View All » (including bills from previous years)
|Jeffries’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.Res. 546: Providing for consideration of the conference report to accompany the bill (H.R. 22) to authorize funds for Federal-aid ...
Dec 3, 2015. Passed 384/40.
H.R. 3038: Highway and Transportation Funding Act of 2015, Part II
Jul 15, 2015. Passed 312/119.
H.R. 2146: Defending Public Safety Employees’ Retirement Act
Jun 18, 2015. Passed 218/208.
This vote made H.R. 2146 the vehicle for passage of Trade Promotion Authority (TPA) for the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade deal currently being negotiated. H.R. 2146 was originally introduced as a bill to address issues with retirement funds of federal law enforcement officers and firefighters. ...
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed 338/88.
The USA Freedom Act (H.R. 2048, Pub.L. 114–23) is a U.S. law enacted on June 2, 2015 that restored in modified form several provisions of the Patriot Act, which had expired the day before. The act imposes some new limits on the bulk collection of ...
H.R. 83 (113th): Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015
Dec 11, 2014. Passed 219/206.
This bill became the vehicle for passage of the Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015 [pdf], which was approved by the House on December 11, 2014 and by the Senate on December 13, 2014. The bill was originally introduced on January 3, 2013 by ...
H.J.Res. 124 (113th): Continuing Appropriations Resolution, 2015
Sep 17, 2014. Passed 319/108.
H.J.Res. 71 (113th): District of Columbia Continuing Appropriations Resolution, 2014
Oct 1, 2013. Failed 265/163.
H.R. 1765 (113th): Reducing Flight Delays Act of 2013
Apr 26, 2013. Passed 361/41.
From Jan 2013 to Apr 2017, Jeffries missed 92 of 2,750 roll call votes, which is 3.3%. This is worse than the median of 2.2% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: