Our unique analysis of the bills Jeffries has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Jeffries is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Jeffries for more statistics.
Hakeem Jeffries sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Education and the Workforce
- House Committee on the Judiciary
Jeffries sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Jeffries’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5757: CASE Act of 2016
- H.R. 5154: F.A.I.R. Surveillance Act of 2016
- H.R. 5020: Synthetic Drug Awareness Act of 2016
- H.R. 4324: Effective Assistance of Counsel in the Digital Era Act of 2016
- H.R. 3864: Effective Assistance of Counsel in the Digital Era Act
- H.R. 3838: Fairness in Incarcerated Representation Act
- H.R. 3028: Grand Jury Transparency Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2013 to Sep 2016, Jeffries missed 78 of 2,470 roll call votes, which is 3.2%. This is worse than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: