Stevens is the representative for Michigan’s 11th congressional district (view map) and is a Democrat. She has served since Jan 3, 2019. Stevens is next up for reelection in 2022 and serves until Jan 3, 2023.
Read our 2020 Report Card for Stevens.
Stevens is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Stevens has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 3, 2017 to May 14, 2021. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Haley Stevens sits on the following committees:
Stevens was the primary sponsor of 2 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 1665 (116th): Building Blocks of STEM Act
- H.R. 2888 (116th): Stop Student Debt Relief Scams Act of 2019
Does 2 not sound like a lot? Very few bills are ever enacted — most legislators sponsor only a handful that are signed into law. But there are other legislative activities that we don’t track that are also important, including offering amendments, committee work and oversight of the other branches, and constituent services.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Stevens sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Stevens’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 2821: To provide for a coordinated Federal program to accelerate plastics waste reduction and ...
- H.Res. 336: Calling on the Government of the Russian Federation to provide evidence or to ...
- H.Res. 300: Expressing support for the designation of April 8, 2021, as “Remanufacturing Day”.
- H.R. 2259: To establish the Office of Supply Chain Preparedness within the Department of Commerce ...
- H.R. 847: Promoting Digital Privacy Technologies Act
- H.R. 171: Resilient Manufacturing Task Force Act of 2021
- H.R. 7853 (116th): Resilient Manufacturing Task Force Act of 2020
From Jan 2019 to May 2021, Stevens missed 2 of 1,098 roll call votes, which is 0.2%. This is better than the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: