Read our 2022 Report Card for Stevens.
Stevens is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Stevens has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 3, 2019 to Mar 27, 2023. See full analysis methodology.
Haley Stevens sits on the following committees:
Stevens was the primary sponsor of 6 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 7903 (117th): To designate the Department of Veterans Affairs community-based outpatient clinic located in Canton, Michigan, as the “Major General Oliver W. Dillard VA Clinic”.
- H.R. 8251 (117th): CHIPPING IN Act of 2022
- H.R. 4609 (117th): National Institute of Standards and Technology for the Future Act of 2021
- H.R. 4610 (117th): To establish an expansion awards pilot program as a part of the Hollings Manufacturing Extension Partnership, and for other purposes.
- H.R. 1665 (116th): Building Blocks of STEM Act
- H.R. 2888 (116th): Stop Student Debt Relief Scams Act of 2019
Does 6 not sound like a lot? Very few bills are ever enacted — most legislators sponsor only a handful that are signed into law. But there are other legislative activities that we don’t track that are also important, including offering amendments, committee work and oversight of the other branches, and constituent services.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Stevens sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Commerce (26%) Education (24%) Science, Technology, Communications (15%) Environmental Protection (15%) Health (9%) Energy (6%) International Affairs (6%)
Recently Introduced Bills
Stevens recently introduced the following legislation:
- H.R. 1522: Hostage and Wrongful Detainee Day Act of 2023
- H.R. 1104: Fix Moldy Housing Act
- H.R. 1050: Data Science and Literacy Act of 2023
- H.R. 961: Pell to Grad Act
- H.R. 9520 (117th): Hostage and Wrongful Detainee Day Act of 2022
- H.R. 9200 (117th): Stop Nurse Shortages Act
- H.R. 9022 (117th): Shifting Forward Vehicle Technologies Research and Development Act
View All » | View Cosponsors »
Most legislation has no activity after being introduced.
From Jan 2019 to Mar 2023, Stevens missed 2 of 2,118 roll call votes, which is 0.1%. This is better than the median of 1.6% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses, major life events, and running for higher office.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- unitedstates/congress-legislators, a community project gathering congressional information
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Office of Haley Stevens for the photo
- GovInfo.gov, for sponsored bills