Clarke was the representative for Michigan’s 13th congressional district and was a Democrat. He served from 2011 to 2012.
Clarke is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 2013 positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Clarke sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 4, 2007 to Jan 1, 2013. See full analysis methodology.
Clarke sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Clarke’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6692 (112th): To amend the Balanced Budget and Emergency Deficit Control Act of 1985 ...
- H.R. 6658 (112th): Urban Competitiveness Act
- H.R. 6659 (112th): Urban Recovery and Growth Act
- H.R. 6500 (112th): Detroit Economic Competitiveness Act
- H.R. 6492 (112th): Sustainable, Livable And Green (S.L.A.G.) Highway Construction Act of 2012
- H.R. 6493 (112th): Global Investments in America’s Cities Act
- H.R. 6420 (112th): Federal Financial Assistance Management Improvement Act of 2012
From Jan 2011 to Jan 2013, Clarke missed 10 of 1,606 roll call votes, which is 0.6%. This is better than the median of 2.6% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Jan 2013. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: