Rouda is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Rouda has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Sep 12, 2019. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Harley Rouda sits on the following committees:
Rouda sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Rouda’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Res. 533: Recognizing the accomplishments of professional surfer and surfwear executive Danny Kwock.
- H.Res. 534: Recognizing the 60th anniversary of the U.S. Open of Surfing.
- H.R. 3889: ONDCP Technical Corrections Act of 2019
- H.R. 3820: Effective Drug Control Strategy Act
- H.R. 3374: LGBTQ Business Equal Credit Enforcement and Investment Act
- H.R. 3078: Expanding Access to Retirement Savings for Caregivers Act
- H.R. 2893: Boater Protection from Laser Pointers Act
From Jan 2019 to Sep 2019, Rouda missed 11 of 530 roll call votes, which is 2.1%. This is on par with the median of 2.0% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: