Our unique analysis of the bills Staggers sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 1992. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Staggers is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Some of Staggers’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5400 (102nd): Homeless Veterans Comprehensive Service Programs Act of 1992
- H.R. 4348 (102nd): Waste Management Act of 1992
- H.R. 3716 (102nd): To prohibit certain use of the terms “Visiting Nurse Association”, “Visiting Nurse ...
- H.R. 3117 (102nd): For the relief of Ghassan Hasbani.
- H.R. 2771 (102nd): To amend title 38, United States Code, to remove limitations on payment ...
- H.R. 2634 (102nd): American Flag Fidelity Act
- H.Con.Res. 164 (102nd): Expressing the sense of Congress concerning the needs of rural areas under ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1983 to Oct 1992, Staggers missed 164 of 4,563 roll call votes, which is 3.6%. This is on par with the median of 4.3% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Oct 1992. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills