Rep. Harold Volkmer
Former Representative from Missouri's 9th District
|Dates||Title / State / District|
Missouri's 9th District
See Also: Bioguide
Volkmer was a rank-and-file Democrat according to GovTrack's own analysis of bill sponsorship from Volkmer’s time serving in the House of Representatives. Volkmer’s bills had a total of 26 cosponsors in the 104th Congress.
Use this chart to compare Volkmer to other members of the House of Representatives in the 104th Congress on leadership and ideology.
This chart is based on principal components analysis for ideology and PageRank for leadership. See analysis methodology.
Some of Volkmer’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.J.Res. 187 (104th): Proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the United States relative to ...
- H.R. 3658 (104th): Campaign Spending Limitation Reform Act of 1996
- H.R. 3492 (104th): Utility Consumer Service Improvement and Protection Act of 1996
- H.R. 2797 (104th): Ethics Reform Act of 1995
- H.R. 920 (104th): Back-To-Basics Crime Control Act of 1995
- H.R. 809 (104th): To authorize and direct the General Accounting Office to audit the Federal ...
- H.R. 741 (104th): Welfare to Self-Sufficiency Act of 1994
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1977 to Sep 1996, Volkmer missed 366 of 10,642 roll call votes, which is 3.4%. This is worse than the median of 2.7% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Sep 1996. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills