Rep. Harris Fawell
Former Representative from Illinois's 13th District
|Dates||Title / State / District|
Illinois's 13th District
See Also: Bioguide
Fawell was a moderate Republican leader according to GovTrack's own analysis of bill sponsorship from Fawell’s time serving in the House of Representatives. Fawell’s bills had a total of 606 cosponsors in the 105th Congress.
Use this chart to compare Fawell to other members of the House of Representatives in the 105th Congress on leadership and ideology.
This chart is based on principal components analysis for ideology and PageRank for leadership. See analysis methodology.
Some of Fawell’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 4770 (105th): Democratic Rights for Union Members Act of 1998
- H.R. 3751 (105th): Family and Medical Leave Clarification Act
- H.R. 3473 (105th): To amend the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967 to allow ...
- H.R. 2888 (105th): Sales Incentive Compensation Act
- H.R. 2449 (105th): Fair Access to Indemnity and Reimbursement Act
- H.R. 2226 (105th): To amend title I of the Employee Retirement Income Security Act of ...
- H.R. 1625 (105th): Worker Paycheck Fairness Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1985 to Dec 1998, Fawell missed 153 of 7,312 roll call votes, which is 2.1%. This is better than the median of 2.6% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 1998. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills