Our unique analysis of the bills Schmitt sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the Senate.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the Senate. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Schmitt is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Some of Schmitt’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S.Con.Res. 130 (97th): A concurrent resolution expressing the sense of the Congress that the advancement ...
- S. 3006 (97th): Schmitt-Ritter Risk Analysis Research and Demonstration Act of 1982
- S. 2941 (97th): A bill to authorize funds for the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration ...
- S. 2940 (97th): A bill to amend titles II and III of the Marine Protection, ...
- S. 2809 (97th): National Science and Technology Improvement Act of 1982
- S. 2721 (97th): A bill to establish criteria for determining election boundaries in developing census ...
- S. 2693 (97th): American Eagle Gold Coin Act of 1982
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1977 to Dec 1982, Schmitt missed 231 of 3,173 roll call votes, which is 7.3%. This is worse than the median of 6.5% among the lifetime records of senators serving in Dec 1982. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills