Our unique analysis of the bills Mitchell sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 2010. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Mitchell is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Mitchell was the primary sponsor of 1 bill that was enacted:
- H.R. 5146 (111th): To provide that Members of Congress shall not receive a cost of living adjustment in pay during fiscal year 2011.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Mitchell sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Armed Forces and National Security (18%) Education (15%) Transportation and Public Works (15%) Government Operations and Politics (12%) Emergency Management (12%) Labor and Employment (12%) Economics and Public Finance (9%) Taxation (9%)
Some of Mitchell’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Res. 1743 (111th): Congratulating Gerda Weissmann Klein on being selected to receive the Presidential Medal ...
- H.R. 5769 (111th): Stop the Drop Houses Act of 2010
- H.R. 5357 (111th): To provide for the deployment of additional National Guard troops along the ...
- H.R. 5146 (111th): To provide that Members of Congress shall not receive a cost of ...
- H.R. 4977 (111th): To amend the Noyce Teacher Scholarship Program to reduce the cost-sharing requirement ...
- H.R. 4255 (111th): Stop the Automatic Pay Raise for Members of Congress in Fiscal Year ...
- H.R. 3791 (111th): Fire Grants Reauthorization Act of 2009
|Mitchell’s Vote||Vote Description|
S. 3729 (111th): National Aeronautics and Space Administration Authorization Act of 2010
Sep 29, 2010. Passed 304/118.
H.Con.Res. 308 (111th): Providing for a conditional adjournment of the House of Representatives.
Jul 29, 2010. Passed 231/189.
H.R. 2499 (111th): Puerto Rico Democracy Act of 2010
Apr 29, 2010. Passed 223/169.
H.Res. 1525 (110th): Providing for consideration of the Senate amendments to the bill (H.R. 1424) to amend section 712 of ...
Oct 3, 2008. Passed 223/205.
H.R. 1830 (110th): To extend the authorities of the Andean Trade Preference Act until February 29, 2008.
Jun 27, 2007. Passed 365/59.
From Jan 2007 to Dec 2010, Mitchell missed 48 of 3,531 roll call votes, which is 1.4%. This is better than the median of 3.1% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2010. ProPublica has tracked 25 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: