Our unique analysis of the bills Shuler sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Shuler is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Some of Shuler’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6548 (112th): Diabetes Prevention Act of 2012
- H.R. 5982 (112th): To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to provide that the ...
- H.R. 3793 (112th): Investing for Tomorrow’s Schools Act of 2012
- H.R. 3065 (112th): Target Practice and Marksmanship Training Support Act
- H.R. 2086 (112th): Medical Debt Responsibility Act of 2011
- H.R. 2000 (112th): SAVE Act of 2011
- H.R. 1889 (112th): Gas Tax Holiday Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2007 to Jan 2013, Shuler missed 379 of 5,137 roll call votes, which is 7.4%. This is worse than the median of 2.6% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Jan 2013. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: