Wilson was the representative for New Mexico’s 1st congressional district and was a Republican. She served from 1998 to 2008.
Wilson is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 2008 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Wilson sponsored and cosponsored. See full analysis methodology.
Wilson was the primary sponsor of 5 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 1904 (110th): New Mexico Water Planning Assistance Act
- H.R. 4766 (109th): Esther Martinez Native American Languages Preservation Act of 2006
- H.R. 3734 (108th): To designate the Federal building located at Fifth and Richardson Avenues in Roswell, New Mexico, as the “Joe Skeen Federal Building”.
- H.R. 3288 (106th): Valles Caldera Preservation Act
- H.R. 66 (106th): To preserve the cultural resources of the Route 66 corridor and to authorize the Secretary of the Interior to provide assistance.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Wilson sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Government Operations and Politics (23%) Economics and Public Finance (14%) Science, Technology, Communications (12%) Health (12%) Law (11%) Armed Forces and National Security (9%) Environmental Protection (9%) Education (9%)
Some of Wilson’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6592 (110th): Lovelace Respiratory Research Institute Land Conveyance Act
- H.R. 6139 (110th): Refinery Permit Process Schedule Act
- H.R. 6046 (110th): To extend the authorization provided in the Act titled “An Act to ...
- H.R. 5936 (110th): Alopecia Areata Medicaid Improvement and Parity Act of 2008
- H.R. 5780 (110th): Medicare Clinical Pharmacist Practitioner Services Coverage Act of 2008
- H.R. 5562 (110th): To authorize the National Guard to provide support for the border control ...
- H.R. 4250 (110th): Building a Stronger America Act
|Wilson’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.Res. 1525 (110th): Providing for consideration of the Senate amendments to the bill (H.R. 1424) to amend section 712 of ...
Oct 3, 2008. Passed 223/205.
H.Res. 801 (110th): Providing for consideration of the bill (H.R. 3688) to implement the United States-Peru Trade Promotion Agreement.
Nov 7, 2007. Passed 349/55.
H.R. 2419 (110th): Food, Conservation, and Energy Act of 2008
Jul 27, 2007. Passed 231/191.
The Food, Conservation, and Energy Act of 2008 (Pub.L. 110–234, H.R. 2419, 122 Stat. 923, enacted May 22, 2008, also known as the 2008 U.S. Farm Bill) was a $288 billion, five-year agricultural policy bill that was passed into law by the United States Congress ...
H.R. 1830 (110th): To extend the authorities of the Andean Trade Preference Act until February 29, 2008.
Jun 27, 2007. Passed 365/59.
H.R. 835 (110th): Hawaiian Homeownership Opportunity Act of 2007
Mar 21, 2007. Failed 262/162.
From Jun 1998 to Dec 2008, Wilson missed 203 of 6,796 roll call votes, which is 3.0%. This is on par with the median of 3.1% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2008. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: