Our unique analysis of the bills Heitkamp has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into her position in the Senate.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the Senate. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Heitkamp is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Heitkamp for more statistics.
Heidi Heitkamp sits on the following committees:
- Senate Committee on Agriculture, Nutrition, and Forestry
Senate Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs
- Ranking Member, Subcommittee on National Security and International Trade and Finance
- Member, Subcommittee on Economic Policy
- Member, Subcommittee on Housing, Transportation, and Community Development
- Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs
- Senate Committee on Indian Affairs
- Senate Committee on Small Business and Entrepreneurship
Heitkamp sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Government Operations and Politics (19%) Armed Forces and National Security (16%) Native Americans (14%) Taxation (14%) Finance and Financial Sector (11%) Energy (11%) Emergency Management (8%) Commerce (8%)
Some of Heitkamp’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 3179: Carbon Capture Utilization and Storage Act
- S. 3180: Flexible HIRE Act
- S. 3109: Inspector General Recommendation Transparency Act of 2016
- S.Res. 512: A resolution designating the month of June 2016 as “National Post-Traumatic Stress Awareness ...
- S. 2867: SEC Small Business Advocate Act of 2016
- S.Res. 441: A resolution expressing the sense of the Senate that, during Public Service Recognition ...
- S. 2842: Johnson-O’Malley Supplemental Indian Education Program Modernization Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2013 to Sep 2016, Heitkamp missed 17 of 1,147 roll call votes, which is 1.5%. This is on par with the median of 1.7% among the lifetime records of senators currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: