Our unique analysis of the bills Bentley sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into her position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Bentley is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Some of Bentley’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 4387 (103rd): To require that an application for a writ of habeas corpus be ...
- H.R. 4295 (103rd): To authorize the Secretary of Transportation to issue certificates of documentation for ...
- H.R. 3284 (103rd): Entitled the “Asylum Abuse Prevention Act of 1993”.
- H.Con.Res. 150 (103rd): Expressing the sense of the Congress that the President, with the advice ...
- H.Con.Res. 112 (103rd): To express the sense of Congress in support of consumer labeling utilizing ...
- H.R. 2047 (103rd): To clear certain impediments to the licensing of a vessel for employment ...
- H.R. 1702 (103rd): Government Procurement Act of 1993
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1985 to Nov 1994, Bentley missed 290 of 4,781 roll call votes, which is 6.1%. This is worse than the median of 3.4% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Nov 1994. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills