Baesler was the representative for Kentucky’s 6th congressional district and was a Democrat. He served from 1993 to 1998.
Baesler is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 1998 positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Baesler sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 5, 1993 to Dec 17, 1998. See full analysis methodology.
Baesler sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Government Operations and Politics (21%) Economics and Public Finance (14%) Law (12%) Science, Technology, Communications (12%) Labor and Employment (11%) Education (11%) Agriculture and Food (11%) Housing and Community Development (9%)
Some of Baesler’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 4860 (105th): National Domestic Violence Victim Notification Act
- H.R. 3867 (105th): LEAF Act
- H.R. 3769 (105th): Fairness for Working Families Act
- H.R. 3281 (105th): To exempt disabled individuals from being required to enroll with a managed ...
- H.R. 3264 (105th): Tobacco Community Economic Stabilization and Support Act
- H.Res. 272 (105th): Providing for consideration of the bill (H.R. 1366) amending the Federal Elections ...
- H.Res. 259 (105th): Providing for consideration of the bill (H.R. 1366) amending the Federal Elections ...
From Jan 1993 to Dec 1998, Baesler missed 83 of 3,649 roll call votes, which is 2.3%. This is on par with the median of 2.6% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 1998. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- unitedstates/congress-legislators, a community project gathering congressional information
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- GovInfo.gov, for sponsored bills