Read our 2016 Report Card for Cuellar.
Our unique analysis of the bills Cuellar has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Cuellar is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Henry Cuellar sits on the following committees:
Cuellar was the primary sponsor of 11 bills that were enacted. The most recent include:
- H.R. 875 (114th): Cross-Border Trade Enhancement Act of 2016
- H.R. 5591 (114th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 810 N US Highway 83 in Zapata, Texas, as the “Zapata Veterans Post Office”.
- H.R. 3688 (114th): To provide for the authority for the successors and assigns of the Starr-Camargo Bridge Company to maintain and operate a toll bridge across the Rio Grande near ...
- H.R. 891 (114th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 141 Paloma Drive in Floresville, Texas, as the “Floresville Veterans Post Office Building”.
- H.R. 915 (112th): Jaime Zapata Border Enforcement Security Task Force Act
- H.R. 771 (112th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 1081 Elbel Road in Schertz, Texas, as the “Schertz Veterans Post Office”.
- H.R. 770 (112th): Border Enforcement Security Task Force Act of 2011
We consider a bill enacted if it is enacted or if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted, as determined by an automated text analysis.
Cuellar sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Cuellar’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 1567: United States-Mexico Economic Partnership Act
- H.R. 1208: To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 9155 ...
- H.R. 1211: To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 400 ...
- H.R. 1207: To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 306 ...
- H.R. 1210: To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 122 ...
- H.R. 1209: To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 901 ...
- H.R. 882: North American Development Bank Improvement and General Capital Increase Authorization Act of 2017
View All » (including bills from previous years)
|Cuellar’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 2146: Defending Public Safety Employees’ Retirement Act
Jun 18, 2015. Passed 218/208.
This vote made H.R. 2146 the vehicle for passage of Trade Promotion Authority (TPA) for the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade deal currently being negotiated. H.R. 2146 was originally introduced as a bill to address issues with retirement funds of federal law enforcement officers and firefighters. ...
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed 338/88.
The USA Freedom Act (H.R. 2048, Pub.L. 114–23) is a U.S. law enacted on June 2, 2015 that restored in modified form several provisions of the Patriot Act, which had expired the day before. The act imposes some new limits on the bulk collection of ...
H.R. 83 (113th): Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015
Dec 11, 2014. Passed 219/206.
This bill became the vehicle for passage of the Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015 [pdf], which was approved by the House on December 11, 2014 and by the Senate on December 13, 2014. The bill was originally introduced on January 3, 2013 by ...
H.J.Res. 124 (113th): Continuing Appropriations Resolution, 2015
Sep 17, 2014. Passed 319/108.
H.R. 1947 (113th): Federal Agriculture Reform and Risk Management Act of 2013
Jun 20, 2013. Failed 195/234.
H.R. 6233 (112th): Agricultural Disaster Assistance Act of 2012
Aug 2, 2012. Passed 223/197.
H.R. 1249 (112th): Leahy-Smith America Invents Act
Jun 23, 2011. Passed 304/117.
The Leahy–Smith America Invents Act (AIA) is a United States federal statute that was passed by Congress and was signed into law by President Barack Obama on September 16, 2011. The law represents the most significant change to the U.S. patent system since 1952, and ...
H.Res. 317 (111th): Recognizing the region from Manhattan, Kansas, to Columbia, Missouri, as the Kansas City Animal Health Corridor, and ...
Sep 15, 2009. Passed 312/108.
From Jan 2005 to Apr 2017, Cuellar missed 161 of 9,116 roll call votes, which is 1.8%. This is on par with the median of 2.2% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 4 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: