Our unique analysis of the bills Cuellar has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Cuellar is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Cuellar for more statistics.
Henry Cuellar sits on the following committees:
House Committee on Appropriations
- Member, Subcommittee on Homeland Security
- Member, Subcommittee on Transportation, and Housing and Urban Development, and Related Agencies
Cuellar sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Cuellar’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Res. 833: Recommending the designation of the first Wednesday of December as “Government Customer Service ...
- H.R. 5591: To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 810 ...
- H.R. 3688: To provide for the authority for the successors and assigns of the Starr-Camargo ...
- H.R. 3612: Making emergency appropriations for the fiscal year ending September 30, 2016, to address ...
- H.R. 2060: United States-Mexico Economic Partnership Act
- H.R. 1744: To designate the Federal building and United States courthouse located at 1300 Victoria ...
- H.R. 875: Cross-Border Trade Enhancement Act of 2015
View All » (including bills from previous years)
|Cuellar’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 3038: Highway and Transportation Funding Act of 2015, Part II
Jul 15, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 2146: Defending Public Safety Employees’ Retirement Act
Jun 18, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 2596: Intelligence Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2016
Jun 16, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 644: Trade Facilitation and Trade Enforcement Act of 2015
Jun 12, 2015. Passed.
H.Res. 305: Providing for consideration of the Senate amendment to the bill (H.R. 1314) to amend the Internal Revenue Code ...
Jun 11, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 2577: Transportation, Housing and Urban Development, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2016
Jun 9, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed.
H.J.Res. 35: Making further continuing appropriations for fiscal year 2015, and for other purposes.
Feb 27, 2015. Failed.
From Jan 2005 to Sep 2016, Cuellar missed 160 of 8,832 roll call votes, which is 1.8%. This is on par with the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 4 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: