Smith was the primary sponsor of 1 bill that was enacted:
- H.J.Res. 426 (93rd): Joint resolution requesting the President to issue a proclamation designating the the week of April 23, 1973, as “Nicolaus Copernicus Week” marking the quinquecentennial of his birth.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Smith sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Smith’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.J.Res. 1171 (93rd): Joint resolution to provide for the designation of December 15, 1974, as ...
- H.R. 15354 (93rd): A bill to provide for the Federal collection of certain State and ...
- H.R. 15117 (93rd): A bill to amend the Tariff Schedules of the United States to ...
- H.J.Res. 1015 (93rd): Joint resolution to amend title 5 of the United States Code to ...
- H.R. 12422 (93rd): A bill to amend section 403 (b) of the Federal Aviation Act ...
- H.R. 12451 (93rd): A bill for the relief of the Lockport Canning Company.
- H.R. 11868 (93rd): Patent Law Modernization Act
From Jan 1965 to Dec 1974, Smith missed 297 of 3,042 roll call votes, which is 9.8%. This is on par with the median of 9.7% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 1974. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- @unitedstates/congress-legislators, a community project gathering congressional information
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- GPO.gov/FDSys, for sponsored bills