Our unique analysis of the bills Bateman sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 2000. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Bateman is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Some of Bateman’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 4988 (106th): George Washington Birthplace National Monument Boundary Adjustment Act of 2000
- H.R. 4907 (106th): Jamestown 400th Commemoration Commission Act of 2000
- H.R. 4247 (106th): Maritime Administration Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2001
- H.R. 3039 (106th): Chesapeake Bay Restoration Act of 1999
- H.J.Res. 51 (106th): Authorization for Use of Military Force Against the Federal Republic of Yugoslavia ...
- H.R. 1665 (106th): To allow the National Park Service to acquire certain land for addition ...
- H.R. 1558 (106th): Panama Canal Commission Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2000
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1983 to Sep 2000, Bateman missed 503 of 9,284 roll call votes, which is 5.4%. This is worse than the median of 3.0% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Sep 2000. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- Congressional Pictorial Directory for the photo
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills