Klein was the representative for New Jersey’s 8th congressional district and was a Democrat. He served from 1993 to 1994.
Klein is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 1994 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Klein sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 3, 1989 to Nov 29, 1994. See full analysis methodology.
Klein was the primary sponsor of 1 bill that was enacted:
- H.J.Res. 127 (103rd): To authorize the President to proclaim the last Friday of April 1993 as “National Arbor Day”.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Klein sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Government Operations and Politics (28%) Finance and Financial Sector (16%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (12%) Economics and Public Finance (12%) Families (8%) Commerce (8%) Environmental Protection (8%) Arts, Culture, Religion (8%)
Some of Klein’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5149 (103rd): Community Reinvestment Enhancement Act of 1994
- H.R. 5051 (103rd): Youth Depositor Protection Act
- H.Con.Res. 280 (103rd): Expressing the sense of Congress with respect to protections for persons changing ...
- H.R. 4390 (103rd): FHA Reform Act of 1994
- H.R. 4306 (103rd): Risk Assessment Improvement Act of 1994
- H.R. 3853 (103rd): Economic Revitalization Act of 1994
- H.J.Res. 322 (103rd): To authorize the President to proclaim the last Friday of April 1994 ...
From Jan 1993 to Nov 1994, Klein missed 19 of 1,122 roll call votes, which is 1.7%. This is better than the median of 3.4% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Nov 1994. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: