Schneebeli, a Republican, was the representative for Pennsylvania's 17th congressional district from 1959 to 1976.
Schneebeli is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 1976 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Schneebeli sponsored and cosponsored. See full analysis methodology.
Schneebeli was the primary sponsor of 4 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 12033 (94th): A bill to continue until the close of June 30, 1979, the existing suspension of duties on manganese ore (including ferruginous ore) and related products.
- H.R. 5667 (93rd): A bill for the relief of Linda Julie Dickson (nee Waters).
- H.R. 6676 (93rd): An Act to continue until July 1, 1976, the existing suspension of duty on manganese ore, and for other purposes.
- H.R. 4675 (93rd): A bill to amend section 112, 692, 6012, and 7508 of the Internal Revenue Code of 1954 for the relief of certain members of the Armed Forces ...
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Schneebeli sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Taxation (43%) Foreign Trade and International Finance (14%) Social Welfare (10%) Private Legislation (10%) Civil Rights and Liberties, Minority Issues (7%) Education (7%) Finance and Financial Sector (5%)
Some of Schneebeli’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 14880 (94th): A bill to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1954 and the ...
- H.R. 14778 (94th): A bill for the relief of Kwi Sok Buckingham (nee Kim).
- H.R. 14140 (94th): A bill to suspend until the close of June 30, 1979, the ...
- H.R. 13840 (94th): Estate Tax Adjustment Act
- H.R. 13768 (94th): A bill for the relief of Fiore Herniak.
- H.R. 13749 (94th): Broadened Stock Ownership Act
- H.R. 12815 (94th): A bill to provide that income from certain public entertainment activities conducted ...
From May 1960 to Oct 1976, Schneebeli missed 442 of 4,843 roll call votes, which is 9.1%. This is on par with the median of 8.7% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Oct 1976. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- @unitedstates/congress-legislators, a community project gathering congressional information
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- GPO.gov/FDSys, for sponsored bills