Solis is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 2008 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Solis sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 7, 2003 to Dec 10, 2008. See full analysis methodology.
Solis was the primary sponsor of 5 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 4185 (110th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 11151 Valley Boulevard in El Monte, California, as the “Marisol Heredia Post Office Building”.
- H.R. 625 (110th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 4230 Maine Avenue in Baldwin Park, California, as the “Atanacio Haro-Marin Post Office”.
- H.R. 4053 (109th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 545 North Rimsdale Avenue in Covina, California, as the “Lillian Kinkella Keil Post Office”.
- H.R. 2396 (108th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 1210 Highland Avenue in Duarte, California, as the “Francisco A. Martinez Flores Post Office”.
- H.R. 519 (108th): San Gabriel River Watershed Study Act
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Solis sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Government Operations and Politics (21%) Health (16%) Families (14%) Economics and Public Finance (13%) Environmental Protection (9%) Social Welfare (9%) Civil Rights and Liberties, Minority Issues (9%) Law (9%)
Some of Solis’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 7194 (110th): Climate Change Rebate Act of 2008
- H.R. 6934 (110th): Juvenile Justice Reform Act of 2008
- H.Res. 1406 (110th): Recognizing and supporting the work of Community Health Workers.
- H.R. 6621 (110th): Reinstatement of Enrollment for Medicaid Eligibility of Disadvantaged Youth (REMEDY) Act
- H.R. 6551 (110th): Primary Care Dental Academic Workforce Development Act of 2008
- H.R. 6478 (110th): Access to America’s Orthopedic Services Act of 2008
- H.R. 6100 (110th): Kid-Safe Chemicals Act of 2008
|Solis’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.Res. 801 (110th): Providing for consideration of the bill (H.R. 3688) to implement the United States-Peru Trade Promotion Agreement.
Nov 7, 2007. Passed 349/55.
H.R. 1830 (110th): To extend the authorities of the Andean Trade Preference Act until February 29, 2008.
Jun 27, 2007. Passed 365/59.
From Jan 2001 to Feb 2009, Solis missed 217 of 5,386 roll call votes, which is 4.0%. This is worse than the median of 3.1% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Feb 2009. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: