Our unique analysis of the bills Solis sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into her position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 2008. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Solis is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Solis sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Government Operations and Politics (21%) Health (16%) Families (14%) Economics and Public Finance (13%) Social Welfare (9%) Civil Rights and Liberties, Minority Issues (9%) Environmental Protection (9%) Law (9%)
Some of Solis’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 7194 (110th): Climate Change Rebate Act of 2008
- H.R. 6934 (110th): Juvenile Justice Reform Act of 2008
- H.Res. 1406 (110th): Recognizing and supporting the work of Community Health Workers.
- H.R. 6621 (110th): Reinstatement of Enrollment for Medicaid Eligibility of Disadvantaged Youth (REMEDY) Act
- H.R. 6551 (110th): Primary Care Dental Academic Workforce Development Act of 2008
- H.R. 6478 (110th): Access to America’s Orthopedic Services Act of 2008
- H.R. 6100 (110th): Kid-Safe Chemicals Act of 2008
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2001 to Feb 2009, Solis missed 217 of 5,386 roll call votes, which is 4.0%. This is worse than the median of 3.1% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Feb 2009. ProPublica has tracked 11 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: